Posted By
Laser_Breath
Jul 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using Photoshop 7.1

Does anyone know why the clipboard selection in the pop-up menu in New preset dialoug box would always be always dimmed out? even when there is an object in the clipboard?

If I need to copy and paste into photoshop it should automatically format for the clipboard?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 7, 2004
Maybe I’m thicker than usual today, but I can’t figure out what you’re saying. Where do you see the "clipboard selection in the pop-up menu in New preset dialog box"?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 8, 2004
I think I see what LB is getting at:

It will work if you open a file of a certain size; Cmd A; Cmd C; and then Cmd N.

You will now have the chance to choose "Clipboard" from the Size pop-up menu (or any other size that you like).

"Clipboard" will open a file of the exact size of your previously-copied image.

You have to actually have something copied into the clipboard for this to work.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 8, 2004
I see that in CS but I didn’t think it was in 7. He does claim that there is something copied to the clipboard.

I have had difficulties copy/pasting in CS that I never had with previous versions. Sometimes the copy doesn’t seem to "take". This hapopens enought hat I never close the source documehnt until I get a successful psate. I just assumed it was my machine but maybe it is something more widespread or another bug in the OS.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections