RH
Posted By
Ron_Heier
Jul 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have to remove the jpg ext. monthly on many pics. Is there some way to set up an action, so that I can batch file it?
Ron

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

H
Hexebah
Jul 6, 2004
What version of Photoshop are you using Ron.
In CS I have batch renamed files to add an extension to filenames, so I’m guesssing that you should be able to batch rename with the option to not add the filename’s extension.
RH
Ron_Heier
Jul 7, 2004
I am using PS7, I bought Illustrator CI and saw too many problems so I am waiting for an update. Thanks for the response
Ron
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 7, 2004
I think an Applescript could do it. Not sure if you can do it in an action.

Just out of curiosity, why? Does not seem reasonable to be ditching the extensions.
RH
Ron_Heier
Jul 7, 2004
In answer to your question here goes. We take about 10 to 50 fifty pictures monthly for our 200 page catalog the first pic is made into an eps file which is fairly large. the next step is to convert the cmyk image to rgb for a program that prepares it for the sales staff. Finally I reduce the file for the web and our server requires it to be extension free. Sorry to bore you but thats why.
Ron
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 7, 2004
Perhaps this would be of use. I’ve used the older version on OS 9. Never used it to remove extensions but it’s worth a look.

<http://www.chaoticsoftware.com/ProductPages/DropRename.html>
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 7, 2004
Every time that I see this thread, I immediately assume that someone has got their extension tubes (for macro-photography) jammed onto their camera!

I am so glad that the problem was less serious …
M
macmanx
Jul 8, 2004
iView MediaPro offers this capability under its ‘Rename’ feature.

It makes short work of ANY unwanted ext’s.

I have used it a number of times… Nimble, and slick as glass!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections