Calibrating Photoshop in system(not just single image),gray balance, adjusting gamma in color chann

ZA
Posted By
Zariah Art
Jun 14, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
It seems some of the menus have changed from Photoshop 4.0 to 7.0. I am trying to calibrate my system(monitor, to Photoshop printing inks setup…). In the 4.0 book manual, it says you can open a printing inks setup dialog box, to change your entire settings for how photoshop adjusts the gamma for the individual channels of color. This way, you can compensate for the prevalent unwanted color cast you may have when translating monitor viewing to printout. But in the 7.0 computer help, it only says how you can adjust the gamma levels for ONE image. And so you have to save the settings, and remember to load them AGAIN, EVERY time you open a new image! Does anyone know how you can actually calibrate your SYSTEM, using photoshop 7.0? (My computer is Compaq Presario Windows XP, monitor FP5315, scanner HP scanjet3970, and printer Epson stylus photo 1280, using photoquality inkjet paper.)

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

GS
Gustavo Sanchez
Jun 14, 2005
Photoshop has changed quite a lot in these matters from 4.0 to 7.0 (and beyond).

I’d recommend you to take a short reading to these pages written by Ian Lyons <http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps7_colour/ps7_1.htm> about the subject. They will save you some time.
J
Jim
Jun 14, 2005
"Zariah Art" <*@ZariahArt.com> wrote in message
It seems some of the menus have changed from Photoshop 4.0 to 7.0. I am
trying to calibrate my system(monitor, to Photoshop printing inks setup…). In the 4.0 book manual, it says you can open a printing inks setup dialog box, to change your entire settings for how photoshop adjusts the gamma for the individual channels of color. This way, you can compensate for the prevalent unwanted color cast you may have when translating monitor viewing to printout. But in the 7.0 computer help, it only says how you can adjust the gamma levels for ONE image. And so you have to save the settings, and remember to load them AGAIN, EVERY time you open a new image! Does anyone know how you can actually calibrate your SYSTEM, using photoshop 7.0? (My computer is Compaq Presario Windows XP, monitor FP5315, scanner HP scanjet3970, and printer Epson stylus photo 1280, using photoquality inkjet paper.)
You calibrate your system via device specific color profiles. The profile for your monitor which comes with your system is a good starting place. The profile for your printer and paper which comes with the priniting program is also a good starting place. If you need to change the colors as you described above, the printer software has a means for this task. If you still have a color mismatch between your monitor and your printer, then you need to create your own profiles. Adobe Gamma may be satisfactory for your monito, but you need to buy a profiling program (Monaco or Colorvision) to create profiles for your printer. Photoshop V4 was quite primitive; things are much more compex these days because the tasks are inherently complex. Jim

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections