BM
Posted By
Bradley_M._Smith
Jul 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve had a strange thing start happening to a system that I hadn’t changed. Only the first several inches of an image will print. I’m printing a 12×18 @ 360ppi onto 13×19 paper. It stops after about six inches and then spits out the print just like it was done. Then I created a new 12×18 which was only a black line, 18" long. It also stops printing in the exact same place. Then printed an 8×10 onto 8.5×11. It stopped about 9.5" into the print. Both images are complete and normal when printed to pdg and viewed in that manner.

Mac G4, OS 10.2.8, 896Mb RAM, PS 7.0, Epson 1280

Any ideas

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Jul 5, 2004
Bradley,

This has been discussed here more than once before. Sorry, I don’t remember what the answer was because the issue didn’t affect me personally, but I’m 99% sure it’s related to the printer driver. Try doing a forum search on key words like epson printing stops and epson only half print. You may want to add Chris Cox to your search.

Try Repairing Permissions and re-installing the latest Epson drivers.

Try Repairing Permissions (with Apple’s Disk Utility) BEFORE and AFTER any system upgrade as well as BEFORE and AFTER installing any software that uses an installer.

I know it sounds like OS X voodoo, and it is; but it fixes and prevents a bunch of problems.

Additionally, if your machine does not run 24/7 so that it runs the daily, weekly and monthly Cron Scripts in the middle of the night as intended, run Cocktail (shareware) as well.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections