SD
Posted By
Shrilly_Drabble
Dec 14, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have downloaded some baubles fillers and they are supposed to print out at 6.8 cm in a circle, They were downloaded as individual pdfs so I exported each one as a .jpeg and tried to set them all on one page as a way of saving my paper. BUT when I printed them out they were all tiny,
the dimensions I set the page at was A4 and pixels size 2480 by 3508 at 300 PI in Portrait mode. I deselected
[b] constrain proportions
but kept
[b] Resample image at Bicubic.
Each image was placed on the page, its original size as the jpeg was 592 by 840 pixels at 72 PI again I had deselected Constrain Proportions
but kept Resample Image at Bicubic.
Can anyone help me so that each picture on the page will print at 6.8 cm to fit my baubles. I need to get this done by Wednesday as I go on holiday and they are presents for our Grandchildren.
TIA
Shrilly

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 14, 2003
Shrilly, let’s see if I we can figure this one out. Basically, you are dragging images that are 592 pixels by 840 pixels onto a canvas that’s A4 size (2480x3508x 300 ppi). Without any other changes, you should get about 4 rows of 4 pictures each, with the dimensions of the individual pictures about 7.5 cm by 5 cm – close to what you’re looking for. Here’s what I would do:

1. Open the new canvas at 2408×3508 pixels at 300 ppi.
2. Open each 592×840 picture; uncheck resample and check constrain proportions and don’t worry about the ppi on these pix.
3. Drag each 592×840 picture to the 2408×3508 canvas. As said above you should be able to get about 4 across by 4 down if you have that many
4. Do a test print and see if you like the size. If they’re a little
large, you can downsize them all at once, by doing going to Print Preview and putting in a scaling factor less than 100%.

Give it a try and let us know how you do!

Chuck

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections