ML
Posted By
Marty_Landolt
Dec 14, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Way back in May someone steered me to "Frames" and I’ve had them sitting idle all the while. Clicking on a particular frame gives a CORNER sample and nowhere can I find how to make that tiny corner into a frame. Jodi’s are so wonderful I’m hooked on frames.Help!
As for the snowflakes (little flaky myself) I downloaded some I liked but how do I make my own? Marty

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ray
Dec 14, 2003
Marty,

Making your snowflakes, go to this address :
http://snowflakes.lookandfeel.com/index.html?taf=receiver If you need help transfering them into PSE, I’ve done a few screenshots to help : http://www.pbase.com/carbone/instructions

Frames : if you mean using the Frames in PSE, it’s very simple (located under Effects / Frame). Click and drag it onto your picture.

Ray
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 14, 2003
Marty, I know nothing of the frames you speak of…I so not wise on this 😉

However, here’s a link to some snowflakes ‘ shapes’ for Elements ( they work in Elements ) if you download the shapes and then put them in the ‘custom shapes’ presets folder you can either use them to make brushes with (simplify the shape first then make a rectangular marquee around it and go to ‘edit’ >define brush’. I know it’s not making ‘your own’ but this will give you an idea if you wanted to. You can use the poly lasso tool and be artistic and create some flakes…fill with black and save as brush…same way.

<http://graphicssoft.about.com/library/free/blfree_pssh3.htm>
ML
Marty_Landolt
Dec 14, 2003
RAY and JODI,
Another big thanks to both of you. I’ll work on this tomorrow and if all fails I’ll just go outside and get some of the real stuff, ugh!
Marty
ML
Marty_Landolt
Dec 14, 2003
JODI and RAY, BYRON, SUSAN,
The frames I refered to were from "Elements Actins v1.zip". On Nov 19 Byron posted and Dec 4 Susan posted. Maybe they know how to get those little ‘corners’ to become Frames.
I can do OK with Jodi’s and PSE’s and hope someday to learn more about making my own. Marty
R
Ray
Dec 14, 2003
Marty, were you in one of those EA classes ? If so, in Level 1 we learned how to frame a picture, using only what’s available in Photoshop Elements (no actions or plugins required). Look at this picture, I framed it myself : http://www.pbase.com/image/17191290 And this other one as well : http://www.pbase.com/image/17420123

Ray
SK
Shan_Ko
Dec 15, 2003
Ray,

I was dumbfounded when I saw the model in your first image #17191290. She bears a striking resemblance to a youg lady I dated for some time almost a life time ago. Wow! Her name was Isabelle Gireaux and came from Quebec City. BTW, your frames are real nice too.

Shan
R
Ray
Dec 15, 2003
Thank you for the nice compliment 🙂 She’s my little sister (well, little in height, she’s actually
a bit older than me). Her name is Lyne (pronounced : Lynn)

Ray
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 15, 2003
Oh but Shan, you know what they say….we all have a ‘twin’ out there somewhere. I actually saw my brother’s twin about 15 years ago and made a complete fool of myself…well geeze, I thought he was my brother…anyways, I know your babe would be older now.
BG
Byron_Gale
Dec 15, 2003
wrote in message
JODI and RAY, BYRON, SUSAN,
The frames I refered to were from "Elements Actins v1.zip". On Nov 19
Byron posted and Dec 4 Susan posted. Maybe they know how to get those little ‘corners’ to become Frames.
I can do OK with Jodi’s and PSE’s and hope someday to learn more about
making my own.
Marty

Marty,

I can’t find the message thread you’re referencing… can you give me a bit more of a reminder, so I can try to recollect?

Byron
SK
Shan_Ko
Dec 15, 2003
Jodi,

Funny thing about "twins". A number of years ago, I felt stupid speaking to a guy who was a dead ringer of a grade school friends. It’s even more embarassing because my wife was laughing her head off next to me when the stranger told me I was mistaken.

Yep, I suppose the old babe is older by now. But Ray’s image has brought back such powerful memories. Maybe that’s one of the intangibles that enable us to revisit our youth again.

Shan
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 15, 2003
Shan, yes, we are given constant reminders. Tends to make us realize our mistakes…..thus making us wiser…as long as we keep the past in the past.
DB
Do_Brinkmann
Dec 15, 2003
Marty…I have something I don’t know how to use called "Rahmen 02 Frames" It is listed by: Edit>Preset>Gradient>More. Diagonal lines on 2 examples. One gold like color and one lt. blue. Is that what you are thinking of? Not that I am of any help???? Do
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 15, 2003
Dorothy, geeze, you refreshed my memory. I downloaded those ages ago. You have to use the ‘ diamond’ gradient tool setting in order to get them to work. However, they are impossible to position correctly. Lots of trial and error and maneuvering. Nice frames but…you know.
TF
Terri_Foster
Dec 15, 2003
I am so happy to hear that…I almost posted the same thing but thought maybe I was doing it the hard way. I didn’t want to steer her wrong. Oh, they "work" with round gradient too. All I have to say, is you need more patience than I have to use these.

I wonder if she has one of the add-ons and is talking about using the frame sets in Hidden Elements or Snap Actions?

Terri
DB
Do_Brinkmann
Dec 15, 2003
Jodi…Thanks for info…I would like to delete those frames and some other things out of Gradients, etc. in the Presets. I have tried right clicking to get menu…can you tell me how to delete things like that I have downloaded????? (Probably, hopefully simple…but I am simple, too!) Thanks for any help! Dorothy
TF
Terri_Foster
Dec 15, 2003
Do, you can go into your elements presets folder, open up gradients, and simply pull out the gradients you don’t want, and drop the gradient you want to delete into the recyle bin. You can delete unwanted filters by going into plug-in folder and repeating the above steps. The same can be done with brushes, styles, textures, etc. I am assuming know how to get into your adobe program files. If you don’t know how, don’t be shy…post back.

Terri
DB
Do_Brinkmann
Dec 15, 2003
Terri…It worked! I went to Windows Explorer found the presets folder and followed your great instructions! I am smiling! Thanks so much! Do
ML
Marty_Landolt
Dec 17, 2003
BARBARA W, Sure enough the scissors work when I don’t move them too rapidly over the edges. Thanks, Barbara.
RAY, I remember the lessons had frames and remember how I barely had time to focus on stuff in that class (still want to repeat it). I got my big notebook out and found the lesson so now for the homework.
JODI, TERRI, DO, I know with all your help I’ll do OK. Thanks. BYRON, I’ll give these other suggestions a try then get back to you.

I have succeeded in making a few snow flakes but haven’t played with them yet. Marty
BP
Bob_Polk
Dec 19, 2003
I love Jodi’s snowflake brushes but how do you make them go where you click. When I click a flake it pops up somewhere else.
Bob
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 19, 2003
Bob, you must be on one of the ‘pen pressure’ flakes which means you have to keep your finger down and drag the cursor which spreads the flakes. The brush option for just the flake is there as well if you don’t like the scatter effect.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections