JF
Posted By
Joe_Ford
Dec 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I try to select a portion of an image to add to a layer, after selecting I get the error message" no pixels selected" ,but I did select pixels!
Help please.
Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 13, 2003
Joe, if you’re working with layers, the likely cause is that the active layer is not the one with the pixels on it. Go to the Layers palette, click on the layer from which you’re trying to copy or cut, then do your selection. Hopefully, that’ll do ya!
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 13, 2003
Either that or his feather is set too high for a too small of a selection.

I’m freezing. Winter sucks
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 13, 2003
Not a very nice day in the south either, Jodi. I’m cleaning out the attic; found my Atari 400 computer and my Beseler photo enlarger.
GD
Grant_Dixon
Dec 13, 2003
Beseler … Beseler … did someone say Beseler, ears perking up.

g.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 13, 2003
Chuck, attics are always fun…as a matter of fact, that is how i threw my back out a week and a half ago ( I’m still not %100) …was trying to hide the Christmas gifts and my attic is more of a ‘crawl space’ than anything and I must have twisted my back in the wrong direction. So, hub gets to get them out when it’s time …ha ha ha…’bout time he does something around here.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 13, 2003
Chuck, ya better send Grant his Christmas gift 😉
JF
Joe_Ford
Dec 13, 2003
Chuck,Thanks. You solved my problem.
Joe
DS
Dick_Smith
Dec 13, 2003
Chuck,

One of my very favorite pieces of equipment, the Beseler. Had one with a cold lite head that I just loved. At school where I taught Photography we had a big old Beseler 4×5 with a motorized elevator…..great time with that one.

Dick
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 13, 2003
Dick, mine is the smaller version: 23C, I believe. Not sure what condition it’s in after enduring 18 years in an attic where summer temperatures probably exceed 120 degrees F.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections