LH
Posted By
Linda_Hirsch
Jun 12, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just wondering,, if others have seen icons like these here,, the blank ones,, they come and go..

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?pic=16FB7NPXT7k1FCUTm1DM8K bmOt9Sy>

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Jun 12, 2005
The "blank" ones on the right are masks that are created whenever you add an adjustment level. By default, the mask is all white, meaning that the adjustment will affect all pixels reaching it from levels below. If you paint on the mask in black, those levels will be unaffected.
LH
Linda_Hirsch
Jun 12, 2005
Michael, asking about the ones on the left.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Jun 12, 2005
The ones on the left aren’t blank. They have very small icons of a right-pointing triangle.

I don’t know why, but your version of PS is apparently displaying adjustment layers in the layers pallette with a minimal icon instead of the proper icon. What are you using? 7, CS, or CS2?
LH
Linda_Hirsch
Jun 12, 2005
CS2, you have seen this minimanl icon? the normal icon comes back sometimes after a reboot, or whatnot.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Jun 13, 2005
I have CS and CS2 and haven’t seen this minimal icon. Have you upgraded your video drivers?
LH
Linda_Hirsch
Jun 14, 2005
No.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Jun 15, 2005
Try changing the icon size in layer options (click on the little triangle near the top of the layers pallette and pick layer options). Also try upgrading your video driver.
LH
Linda_Hirsch
Jun 15, 2005
thanks MIcheal:
the thumbnail size is ok. I’ts an intermittant thing. My guess so far, is no one knows for sure what it is.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections