Option click visibility for layers off….whats wrong it it for on again?

P
Posted By
progress
Jul 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I cant suss this out…option clicking the eye in the layers palette turns all visible layers off apart from that one…thats fine…but option clicking again? it doesnt. Often it needs the context menu to be invoked and hitting show/hide all…

am i missing something?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RL
Ronald_Lanham
Jul 1, 2004
Should work.

Sounds like a bad preference.
P
progress
Jul 1, 2004
never has worked consistantly…on different machines as well….its erratic, and i cant quite suss why it sometimes does and sometimes needs a kick with the context menu…
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 1, 2004
I have just noticed that if you turn visibility OFF in just one layer (call it Layer A) leaving the other layers visible; and then Option-click in that Layer A, you get different behaviour.

Option-clicking then toggles Layer A’s visibility as related to the other layers instead of turning visibility ON or OFF for all.
P
progress
Jul 2, 2004
ah…thats it ann…yes!

so i have to select another layer and option click?…ill try it…seems a bit daft/odd though.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections