CW
Posted By
Caroline_Wilson
Jun 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a monotone picture of flowers and I need the colour to be a particular pantone. I have gone to the Hue/Saturation option under images/adjustments and when I select colorise it adds a pink tone. I have no idea where this tone came from and can’t change it. How can I change it to the colour I want?

MacIntosh/Photoshop7/Jaguar

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

SJ
Stevie_J_V
Jun 30, 2004
The hue slider will let you make it any colour you chose, then the saturation one will allow you to…saturate it to your little hearts desire. The reason it’s pink is because you have pink selected in you tool bar.

If you unpick the colorise box you’re real just playing with hue and saturation of the orignal colours, not much good in a black and white pic.
RW
Rene_Walling
Jun 30, 2004
If you want the image to separate to a Pantone plate, then you should go mode->duotone, select the monotone option and for the colour, select the pantone you want. (The curve should be a straight 45 degree line)

Or simply colorize it in your layout application

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections