B
Posted By
Bernie
Dec 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The tut started out looking something like this, before the effects were applied:

http://68.54.196.116/d.jpg

About 4 or 5 months ago I had found one of the best 3D "raised text" tutorials for photoshop. Very realistic looking. Problem is, I can’t remember what the web page was, or who it was done by. I’ve been searching the Net all day with no result.

But I can remember basically how the tutorial went. I believe it started out with a 150×150 canvas. A lower-case ‘d’ was used as the letter to be "raised." The lower-case ‘d’ was made green, while the background was a shade of blue.

I remember the tutorial used mainly masks and alpha channels to create the "raised" effect… creating a lighter side on one side of the ‘d’, and a darker side on the other.

Well that’s about all I really remember. It was a while ago. Might anyone have seen the tutorial I’m talking about ? Thanks.

MJ

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections