BE
Posted By
Bellis_Ellis
Dec 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Have a HP machine, 256 Ram, 16 Gb’s left to use, Using Windows XP & AOL.9.0 Just installed the Photoshop Elements 2.0 & Photo Album 2.0. Now find I can not get the Help or Tutorial to work. Keep getting the same message….. "Cannot find ‘file:[drive]:PROGRAM%20FILES[Photoshop Elements]%206.0HelpHelp.htm. Make sure the path or internet address is correct." —–This is driving me crazy, I need the use of the "help" to get started. Would some kind soul help me out or offer me some ideas of where to turn.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JD
Juergen_D
Dec 10, 2003
Bellis,

Look at Byron’s post in this thread:
http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?13@@.2cced238/2
Hopefully that’ll point you in the right direction.

Juergen
CR
Chris_Rankin
Dec 10, 2003
When the message pops up just close it then go up to File>Open>Program Files>Adobe>Photoshop Elements>Help>then click on the HTML file that should be 0_0_0_0.

The album help should be the same.

CR
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 10, 2003
You can use Chris’ method, or if you can change the default web browser. Setting it to a plain vanilla version of Internel Explorer won’t have any effect on your AOL, but you should then be able to view the Help files. AOL and a couple of other ISPs set specific criteria for their browsers that do not allow the HTML files to be read. Here are the instructions for changing the default in XP:

Control Panel>Network & Internet Options>Pick a Control Panel (I had to scroll to the bottom of the window so this would show)>Internet Options>Internet Properties>pick Program tab. Toward the bottom of the Program screen there’s a box that says something like "check to make sure Internet Explorer is default browser". The installation of AOL may have eliminated the checkmark in that box.
BE
Bellis_Ellis
Dec 11, 2003
Chris,
I followed your instructions and it WORK. Hurray. It is going around Jakes barn, but I got what I wanted. Now have it on my AOL Task Bar, can bring it right up when wanting it.
My Thanks to you for your help.

Tried going the route of changing the default browser, but it didn’t work for me…….not even sure I am doing that right, so my Thanks to Juergen and Beth Haney….not your fault I am a dummy about computers.
DS
Dick_Smith
Dec 11, 2003
Jakes Barn, eh? That’s a new one on me, I always heard it was Robin Hood’s Barn. My education has now been updated. 🙂

Dick
LG
Lorace_Graham
Dec 11, 2003
I remember when I installed AOL, way back when, the program asked me if I wanted to make AOL my default browser. By mistake, I chose to do so. Big mistake. I did get out of it, eventually.

I believe it still asks even on the latest versions and I’m always careful to choose NO.

Too many programs try to take over our computers, it seems, and a person needs to stay vigilant to keep control with him/herself.

Interesting thread.

Lorace

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections