LC
Posted By
Louise_Cote
Jun 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How does one save to a previous version of PhotoShop? I have the CS version, and a vendor has version 7. I can do this in Illustrator (by Exporting) but can’t figure out how in Pshop. Your help is appreciated.
Louise

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Jun 28, 2004
Louise,

Just save. Photoshop documents are backwards compatible all the way back to version 3.
R
Ram
Jun 28, 2004
I should add: Obviously you would lose any features not available in previous versions, for instance layers in 16-bit images, but the images will open.
LC
Louise_Cote
Jun 28, 2004
Cool – I’m just saving flat B&W scans, so I shouldn’t have a problem. Before I got the new CS version, I had a problem opening some files, but (in hindsight) they were saved as 32-bit or something for overkill.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections