LG
Posted By
lori_greenberg
Jun 9, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just upgraded to Photoshop CS and am using WinXP. I open multiple images at a time from the Bridge and want them ALL to open at 100% size (actual pixels) rather than a smaller size. I can’t find where to change that preference in either PSCS or Bridge. Any help?

I can resize the first one to actual pixel size and then use the drop down menu to "window>arrange>match zoom" and they all go to actual pixel size but then the window doesn’t resize with them and I have to resize every window manually. I do have "zoom resizes window" activated in preferences.

So, how do I get the preference to be that they all open at full size?

Thanks.

Lori Greenberg

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

LL
Larry_Ligon
Jun 9, 2005
Are you sure you didn’t upgrade to CS 2? If so, this can be done easily. Do you want it to View>Actual Pixels or View>Fit on screen ?

Larry
LG
lori_greenberg
Jun 9, 2005
I did upgrade to CS 2. Sorry about that…I’m a newbie coming from Elements.

I know how to view>actual pixels and view>fit on screen. What I want is for them to OPEN at that setting…all of them. I prefer them opening actual pixels.

They’re opening at about 60something% and then I have to change the view for every picture. This can be tedious when you’re opening and editing 15 pictures at a time. It would be nice to have them just open full size to start with.

Even when they open at 60% and then I view>actual pixels the window still needs to be resized to show it all.

Lori Greenberg
LL
Larry_Ligon
Jun 9, 2005
Lucky you! I just finished up a script to do something like this tonight. It doesn’t do "actual pixels" but "fit image" instead.

Go here and download the zip file. There is a "Read Me.pdf" that tells you how to install and use this script.

http://www.ps-scripts.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=59

There is a link to download the file there.

It will automatically "fit image to the screen" when you open a file. It even works for multiple files.
It only works on Photoshop CS2!

Let me know if this is not what you need.

Larry
TM
Trevor_Morris
Jun 9, 2005
Too funny, I read the subject and came in here prepared to often to write this script (because I was going to do it anyway). Thanks Larry! 🙂
TM
Trevor_Morris
Jun 9, 2005
Oops, I jumped the gun (i.e., did not read the part about "doesn’t do actual pixels").

So, I just whipped up a script for Actual Pixels. Grab it from here:

<http://user.fundy.net/morris/photoshop28.shtml#events> (you may have to scroll down to the Event-Based Scripts section)

Installation instructions are provided on the page as well as in the header of the script file.

I hope that’s what you were looking for Lori.
ML
Mei_Lewis
Jun 9, 2005
Don’t know how to do it in batchm but to zoom an individual image to actual pixels is:

Ctrl+alt then press zero
ND
Nick_Decker
Jun 9, 2005
Hey, Trevor, thanks! That’s very handy.

Nick
LL
Larry_Ligon
Jun 10, 2005
Actually, I think this is what she really wanted.

This script will automatically resize the image to actual pixels at 100% after opening a document. When the "View>Actual Pixels" is
selected, the window doesn’t open to its widest possible size. This script will "View>Actual Pixels" and expand the window to its
widest point. When this script is attached to the document open event in Photoshop CS 2, the script will, in effect, be executing
"View>Actual Pixels" followed by "View>Fit on screen" menu function automatically.

See the "Read Me.pdf" for instructions on how to install and use this script.

Download here: http://www.ps-scripts.com/bb/download.php?id=11

For more useful scripts check out the Photoshop Scripts section:

http://www.ps-scripts.com/bb/

Larry
LG
lori_greenberg
Jun 10, 2005
Thanks guys. I think the last one is what I want. Of course my trial with CS2 expired today and my copy hasn’t arrived yet. Hopefully tomorrow. When I activate it I’ll let you know how it works. Sounds perfect!

Thanks again!

Lori Greenberg
LL
Larry_Ligon
Jun 10, 2005
Trevor’s post made me look at it closer. He has a great Web site. Thanks for the inspiration. I still like the fit to screen more
than the actual pixels. That’s just my preference.

Larry
JJ
John Joslin
Jun 10, 2005
The advantage of "Actual Pixels" is that there is no distortion of the image caused by factoring the display to fit. Important for sharpness assessment (and I read somewhere that colour can be affected too).
BL
Bob_Lund
Jun 10, 2005
Larry – Slick, nice work! Say, can you show me script to add to yours that will maximize the window after going ‘fit on screen’? Always something isn’t it :-)- Bob
TM
Trevor_Morris
Jun 10, 2005
Add the following to the bottom of Larry’s script and it should do what you’re looking for:

// ======================================================= var id1 = charIDToTypeID( "slct" );
var desc1 = new ActionDescriptor();
var id2 = charIDToTypeID( "null" );
var ref1 = new ActionReference();
var id3 = charIDToTypeID( "Mn " );
var id4 = charIDToTypeID( "MnIt" );
var id5 = stringIDToTypeID( "screenModeFullScreenWithMenubar" ); ref1.putEnumerated( id3, id4, id5 );
desc1.putReference( id2, ref1 );
executeAction( id1, desc1, DialogModes.NO );
LL
Larry_Ligon
Jun 10, 2005
Trevor,
There you go messing with my code! I’ll take a look at it.

There is a group of us, who frequent the adobe.photoshop.scripting forum, that have gotten together and created a web site for
Photoshop scripting. We could use another good coder like you. Check it out: http://www.ps-scripts.com/bb/

It was created by Andrew Hall in New Zealand and has members from around the world.

Hope to see you there,
Larry
BL
Bob_Lund
Jun 10, 2005
Larry & Trevor – Worked once, then "Error 1220: Illegal Argument Line 18 -> var id3=charIDToTypeID("Mn ");

I added another ‘space’ in ‘("Mn ")’ = ‘("Mn ")’, works fine, thanks – Bob
MM
Mick_Murphy
Jun 10, 2005
I added another ‘space’ in ‘("Mn ")’ = ‘("Mn ")’,

This is a well-known problem in posting code on these forums. The extra spaces are stripped out. All of these codes are four characters including whitespace.
TM
Trevor_Morris
Jun 10, 2005
Ooops, glad you figured it out Bob. Sorry about that.
TM
Trevor_Morris
Jun 10, 2005
Larry,

I assure you that you’re giving me FAR more credit than I deserve. I’m just barely beginning to learn how to script and even then it takes me a while to hack together even the simple scripts I’ve done to date.
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Jun 10, 2005
I can’t code at all, but the new "File>Scripts>Scripts Events Manager" found in CS2 is a treat! It can launch actions of scripts at a given moment.

I created an action, that I named "Fullscreen" and made two steps: "Insert menu item" (in the drop down menu of the Actions Palette) and navigated to "View>Fullscreen with Toolbars" then "Insert Menu Item" and navigated to "View>Actual Pixels"; stopped the action.

I went to "file>scripts>scripts events manager" and checked the box that says "Enable Events to Run Scripts/Actions"
As the Photoshop Event, I choosed "Open Document" And as the actions, I choosed my Fullscreen action.

Now Photoshop does what you want, without learning how to script!
TM
Trevor_Morris
Jun 10, 2005
And that’s another way! (But I am *trying* to learn scripting 😉 )
LL
Larry_Ligon
Jun 11, 2005
Pierre,
You have to understand that I’m a Software Engineer, so I usually go the way of scripting. You’re right, you can probably do
this and many other things using Actions. I just haven’t looked into that yet. I’m concentrating of writing scripts right now.
I’ll used actions if I have to.

Larry
LL
Larry_Ligon
Jun 11, 2005
Trevor,
You obviously know how to capture and use Script Listener code. That’s a good sign. Check out the scripts that I’ve posted to
the web site that I mentioned earlier. That may help you learn the JavaScript scripting. Larry
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Jun 11, 2005
But I will try to learn scripting, too! I might stop at your forum, Larry!

I suggested this as I’m sure that a huge proportion of the Photoshop userbase do not intend to learn how to script at all, just how to launch them.

What I suggested is in fact script based : one that can be populated easily, sort of a lego-script 😀
LG
lori_greenberg
Jun 14, 2005
Hi Larry.

I’m finally back and went to download from your link and it told me that the zip file was either invalid or corrupt. It sounds like other people have been successful. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance…this sounds like exactly what I need.

Lori Greenberg
LL
Larry_Ligon
Jun 14, 2005
Lori,
I don’t know what your problem is. What told you that the zip file was invalid or corrupt? Did this happen when you tried to
un-zip the file?

Here is the link again: http://www.ps-scripts.com/bb/download.php?id=11

Larry
LL
Larry_Ligon
Jun 14, 2005
Lori,
You have to extract the 2 files from the zip file using a program. Here is where you can download an evaluation version of WinZip http://www.winzip.com/

If you’re running Windows XP, it has un-zip built into the Windows Explorer. See the Help in the Windows Explorer. I think.

Larry
LG
lori_greenberg
Jun 14, 2005
Perfect! The confusion was that I was just clicking the link instead of right clicking it. Regular clicking for some reason cause a dialog box to pop up with the message that it was corrupt.

But I got it in there and it’s great. Thank you so much!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections