SP
Posted By
steve_peters
Jun 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have the Canon I9900 and have been using InkJet Arts Micro Ceramic Glossy Duo for about a week or two. I have a test file that I use to evaluate both my printer and monitor profiles. This test image has some color swatches, gray ramp, and some photo’s of people. I was looking at this test image that I printed out about a week ago and it is starting to look like the grays are starting to turn brown. So I printed out a new test file and sure enough the colors are getting warmer. I know I printed it out the same way, so it has to be that the colors are changing. Has anyone else ever seen this before?
I spoke with the mfg. and they said that this is normal for this type of paper, and suggested that I spray it with a sealant. I no this was a problem a year or so ago, but I thought that these problems had been resolved?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RW
Rene_Walling
Jun 28, 2004
I take it you mean that the colours of the image, once printed, shift over time?

If yes, this problem is far from resolved, all inks will shift over time, the question is how fast will they shift.

Some inks are known to shift quite dramatically over a few hours (or days) and then are fairly stable for a period of months or years. Other inks are fairly stable from the get go but will slowly change as the months go by. The paper you print on will also affect how the ink reacts, as will the lighting conditions it is in (a high amount of UV rays will usually cause fading)

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections