I
Posted By
inte
Jun 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been using PS on the PC for a while & had a script for creating ‘grainy’ B/W images that worked really well … looking for something similar on Mac. I could always rewrite the one from the PC for the Mac, but I’d like to find suggestions (always the chance of something lurking out there for the Mac that will improve on what the PC was doing…)

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 28, 2004
Can you give an example? Is the script available someplace? (I have an XP box).

We are talking script, not action, right? Actions are cross-platform.
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Jun 28, 2004
Ed, actions are called scripts on some localized versions, like the French one.
C
CygnusX1
Jun 28, 2004
If it is an action that runs in PSCS on your PC then simply use it on the Mac too. If it is a "script" that’s runnig outside of PSCS, then that depends if a Mac user has written an Apple Script too.

If you could clarify one thing. Are you running this in the "Action" palette in PSCS? If so just load it into the Mac version that’s it.
I
inte
Jun 29, 2004
Genius. Don’t know why it never occured to me to simply load the same action from one comptuer to the other. Works great! Thanks!
AD
Andrew Duke
Jul 1, 2004
I was just searching for some advice of making grainy black and white images. Perhaps you could share the action for a newby.

Thanks.

Andrew Duke

:

I’ve been using PS on the PC for a while & had a script for creating ‘grainy’ B/W images that worked really well … looking for something similar on Mac. I could always rewrite the one from the PC for the Mac, but I’d like to find suggestions (always the chance of something lurking out there for the Mac that will improve on what the PC was doing…)
AJ
Andrew_J_Duke
Jul 3, 2004
I was just searching for some advice on making grainy black and white images. Perhaps you could share the action for a newby.

Thanks. Andrew Duke
R
Ram
Jul 3, 2004
Andrew,

If you do this a lot, you may want to consider Grain Surgery. Adding and/or matching noise is one of its functions and, on many images, its grain removal capabilities are almost like black magic.

There is a fully functional demo version (except it superimposes a watermark on your trial images), so you can try it out for yourself:

<http://www.visinf.com/>

It’s not cheap, though.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections