Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Here is my system Information :

Adobe Photoshop Version: 9.0 (9.0×196)
Operating System: Windows XP
Version: 5.1 Service Pack 2
System architecture: AMD CPU Family:15, Model:5, Stepping:10 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2 Physical processor count: 2
Processor speed: 1992 MHz
Built-in memory: 2047 MB
Free memory: 1385 MB
Memory available to Photoshop: 1760 MB
Memory used by Photoshop: 90 %
Image cache levels: 6
Serial number: ************************
Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\ Temporary file path: C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\ Photoshop scratch has async I/O enabled
Scratch volume(s):
Startup, 78.1G, 24.4G free
Primary Plug-ins folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Plug-Ins\

Plug-ins that failed to load: NONE

Installed TWAIN devices:
WIA-e+ 48U
e+ 48U

– I got a realy decent workstation. I dont have anything running exept photoshop. It seems that everything is slow when im creating a layer, doing Ctrl-T, going in Bridge, etc… .Is there a way to speed up Photoshop so that I dont have to always wait for click to happen ?! Cause right now its realy slow and its a pain.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

SM
Steve_mclaughlin
Jun 6, 2005
I think you are over-allocating RAM to Photoshop.
L
LenHewitt
Jun 6, 2005
Yes, too high an allocation of RAM – cut it back to 55%. If you have more than one physical drive, it would also be worth setting your primary scratch to a different drive than your pagefile.

You should also set your windows pagefile to min=max=4096
C
chrisjbirchall
Jun 6, 2005
Yes, too high an allocation of RAM – cut it back to 55%

Just to explain: Many of Photoshop’s features – filters, plug-ins, and The Bridge – work outside of photoshop’s allocated ram. Other things too. When you save a file, for instance, it is the OS which carries out the task, not Photoshop.

Clearly, if Photoshop is hogging a large percetage of your ram, there will be little or nothing left for all these other functions.

55% is about right for a system with onl;y 2GB of installes RAM.

Chris.
I
ID._Awe
Jun 6, 2005
I was using 85% RAM with 2Gb. It still give a lot of overhead for the OS, but then again, some Mobos really…………………….. Opps, sorry meant s__k or something like that.

Oh yeah, more than one HD helps, big time.
T
Tippy
Jun 6, 2005
Are you working with very large files? If I take tiff photos @ megapixels – they won’t even load, much less render a filter o anything. Of course, my computer is a dinosaur. But, if I reduce th pixels it becomes a little easier. If you need a high resolution, o course, that will not work. But if you can get by with a smaller one try it and see if it is faster

Tipp
———————————————————— ———– Tippy’s Profile: http://www.highdots.com/forums/member.php?userid=14 View this thread: http://www.highdots.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147140

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections