JN
Posted By
Joost_Nijhof
Jun 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve got around 2500 fonts on my machine. When I start Photoshop (cs) and look into my font list it goes until the "F" and not any further. Quite irritating because a lot of customers wants fonts like Helvetica, Verdana, etc.. Anyone got a solution for this problem?? Please tell..

Thanks in advance
Joost

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Ram
Jun 24, 2004
You have hit the limit of number of fonts Photoshop can display; indeed, you have exceeded it by more than 300%. Do a forum search on font limit".

The solution is to use a font management utility like FontAgent Pro and activate just a few fonts at a time. Having 2,500 fonts active at once is not a good idea in any event.
JN
Joost_Nijhof
Jun 24, 2004
Thought so, but I was just hoping because illustrator can.

Thanks for the reply
KM
Kirsten_Maclean
Jun 24, 2004
use Font Book to organize your installed fonts into collections and disable the ones you don’t use as often.
R
Ram
Jun 24, 2004
Kirsten:

That scheme works –if you have a relatively limited number of fonts. FontBook is not a true professional font manager but a limited stopgap measure provided by Apple.

Also, you should know that FontBook –unlike true professional font management utilities– works in a manner analogous to the ancient Font/DA Mover. It doesn’t just "activate" a font but copies it in order for it to be active, then deletes the copy when you deactivate it. Personally, I’m not comfortable with all that hard drive disk activity and wear.
SW
Scott_Weichert
Jun 24, 2004
FontBook is horrible for a decent font library. Get Font Agent Pro 2.1
C
Cindy
Jun 24, 2004
I have Font Agent Pro 2.1. Unfortunately I activated Font Book and don’t know how to get rid of everything it did. I knew once but don’t recall how to do it. If anyone knows I would sure like that.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 25, 2004
Just launch FontBook, select and Disable.
C
Cindy
Jun 25, 2004
I thought there were a bunch of folders we had to delete or something. If not then great.
B
Buko
Jun 25, 2004
I use font agent in conjunction with FAP.

As it turned out, I had a font that FAP just would not activate, so I used font book.

both apps worked fine together
R
Ram
Jun 25, 2004
Buko,

I use font agent in conjunction with FAP.

I assume you meant to type Font Book, not "font agent".

I also ran into one font that FAP refuses to recognize. It insists the PS Outline is missing the bmap suitcase and vice versa. I also had to resort to Font Book for that one. The font is fine; heaven knows what FAP objects to. I thought of renaming it (I created myself in Fontographer), but it’s a musical notation font I used extensively in a 5MB MS Word document to make a bunch of tables, and I can’t afford to have it reflow.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections