DS
Posted By
Darlene_Sprecher
Dec 5, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am very new to Adobe and what I am looking for is a software program that will take an image and erase all the colors to reveal just the outline & contours of an image (sort of like a comic book or coloring page. I have tried JASC and it will work to a certain extent but takes way too much time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RC
Richard_Coencas
Dec 5, 2003
Darlene,

There are a number of ways to do this in Elements. Some of the filters will do it for you, and you can also do it using adjustment layers and blending modes, combined with filters. More complicated, but also gives you more control. Try this:

Open Image
1) Duplicate background layer
2) Enhance>Adjust Color>Remove Color from duplicate layer
3) Duplicate the desaturated layer
4) On second duplicate (top layer) Image>Adjustments>Invert
5) Change the blending mode of the top layer to Color Dodge
5) Now apply a gaussian blur (filter>blur>gaussian blur) to the inverted layer. Increase or decrease the gaussian blur to make the lines thicker or thinner.
SS
Susan_S.
Dec 6, 2003
Cool tip Richard – that’s one I’d never have worked out myself in a million years!

Susan S

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections