WC
Posted By
werner_custers
Jun 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How can I drag a Layer Set to the same position in an other image that has not the same size as the one I dragging it from.

Let me make myself clear.

I have an image; I copy it and make the canvas height bigger. Then from my first file I drag a new made image set to the copied image while holding down the shift key.

The result is very strange. Photoshop CS positions the dragged set on the same x position but in the y position is different. It seems to take the center of the images into account and not the top left position.

Can someone give me a tip of how I can resolve this?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 22, 2004
Photoshop wants to center objects when pasted or dragged in with Shift. What you might try is to add a layer that is filled with pixels to the set then align to top left using Layer>Align to Selection with Select All on the document. Then ditch the pixel filled layer.
WC
werner_custers
Jun 23, 2004
Thanks Ed this worked.

But it is a bit odd that Adobe changed this drag feature in Photoshop CS?

As far as I can remember it was one of THE NEW features in PS7 and now ….. it’s gone.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 23, 2004
How have they changed it?
DK
Doug_Katz
Jun 23, 2004
Don’t think they have.
WC
werner_custers
Jun 23, 2004
If you copy and then paste an object in the same image does the pasted one apears on the same location or centered?

In PS 7 it pasted on the same spot now in CS it’s centered, on my machine it does.

Is there something in the preferences that I can change to make all this happen.

I appreciate you’re help.

Thanks
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 23, 2004
No, it has always pasted in centered. It seems to paste into the same place if the documenbts are the same size.
P
progress
Jun 23, 2004
centred on screen i believe is more accurate…if your image is offset because its zoomed i think it appears in the visual centre of the displayed portion of the image…could be wrong though, been using it too long to notice now.

pasting into a selection can also change the position.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections