Taking the ACE profiency exam in a mac platform- does it exist??

L
Posted By
lbp
Jun 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi- I’m going crazy right now- I’ve been working in a mac platform for about 10 years now and maybe once or twice a year check my email on a pc but do nothing intensive on it. I know i would test 100 times better working on a mac platform than a pc one. I’m looking to take the ACE exam in Photoshop in the New York city area- i live in NYC but am willing to travel around the metro area to take it. I’m wanting to take it with a friend who works on a pc platform but also has mostly done her photoshop work on a mac platform.

I have called up Peason Vue (no macs at their testing centers- they also claim they are the only ones to give the exams) and Prometric (who gave answers of not knowing that there is a difference between macs and pc’s)

A very nice woman named Mary on the phone at Adobe is researching this but she’s about as stumped as I am… If anyone can suggest a place, it would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you very much

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

L
lbp
Jun 18, 2004
According to the Adobe website:

"ACE exams are computer-delivered, closed-book tests consisting of 60 to 90 multiple-choice questions. Each exam takes one to two hours to complete, and results are given to you at the testing center immediately after you finish."

so does it matter if i take it on a pc or a mac- or is it more involved than that?

I guess where i’m confused is according to the ACE Exam Bulletin and its checklist of topic areas and objectives it seems as if you would be actually working within Photoshop to take the exam.

Is there anyone out there who has taken the exam that can give me some advice?

Thanks-

Larissa
M
MarkATS
Jun 18, 2004
so does it matter if i take it on a pc or a mac- or is it more involved than that?

They are all PC’s at the testing center, and all the test involves is clicking some radio buttons. You don’t even see the Windows UI. You do not get to use Photoshop when you are taking the exam.
L
lbp
Jun 18, 2004
Thanks so much- that makes me feel much better.

If the test had involved getting into Photoshop i probably could fumble around but i know that it wouldn’t be my best performance.

Thanks for clearing that up.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections