ZA
Posted By
zack_allen
Jun 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Last time I used photoshop was version 7, and I thought I was very comfortable with it, now trying to do simple projects with CS is a real freeking hassel. I can’t figure out what is happening to my layers. Everytime I want to create some kind of shape on a layer being a box or circle, it makes another "shape" box to the right of the layer picture box……… what is this? Then when I try to move something like transform an object on a different layer it keeps changing the layer with this shape thing attached to the layer…….. even though I select the layer I want to edit…….. the freeking program keeps re-selecting the layer with this shape on it……… I CAN’T DO ANYTHING NOW…….. please help me I’m so frustrated at the moment!!!!

ty!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
Jun 13, 2004
First your thread title is doomed to not get people to look at the thread most dom’t answer I need help! threads. a simple description in the title will get you more help.

Have you tried deselecting the pen tool??
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 13, 2004
Zack,

You have the wrong Shape mode selected in the Options Bar. See the three icons on the left side when you use the Shapes? Each one does a different thing.

That other little layer to the right is a Vector Mask.

Actually, these things worked exactly the same way in 7 and 6.
ZA
zack_allen
Jun 13, 2004
Ed………… you’re my savior. I forgot all about those options, thanks!!! Buko……… thanks but no thanks for your help.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections