BL
Posted By
Benny_Lee
Jun 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After I adjusted the gray balance, I found that the image are more reddish then the original cool blue gray color. If I add more cyan back, do that means the gray balance is not balance anymore?
Thank you

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RW
Rene_Walling
Jun 14, 2004
We need more info to help you.

Where are the images more reddish?

On the screen? Is the screen calibrated and profiled?
Once printed? Is the printed calibrated and profiled?

What version of PS are you using?

Is anything "balanced" anywhere? how do you know?
BL
Benny_Lee
Jun 15, 2004
I should not say reddish just much more warmer then before the adjustment. The overall image shows more magenta. I am using PSD 7.
I have selected the second hi-lite (not specular) and shadow to adjust it on the curve. I was wondering if I add more cyan back by the Level after the adjustment, will this change the balance again?
Thank you
TL
Tim_Lookingbill
Jun 15, 2004
Have you tried adjusting your auto color settings in the options button in your levels and curves dialog box?

Here’s a great printer friendly tutorial by Bruce Fraser that might help you with the new neutrality adjustment settings in PS 7. Big time saver for turning mediocre photos into great looking ones with the click of a button:

< http://www.creativepro.com:80/printerfriendly/story/17164.ht ml>

He has other very informative tutorials at creativepro.com.
P
progress
Jun 15, 2004
neutral grey is normally a warmer shift from what people assume is grey…its just something to do with how most people percieve grey.

Adding more cyan will mean your biased to a colder grey.
BL
Benny_Lee
Jun 15, 2004
Thank you for everybody’s answer.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections