Could not complete your request because cache file size….

JF
Posted By
Jeff_Furse
Jun 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
One user is getting this error message when opening files, "Could not complete your request because the cache file size exceeded the maximum allowed" I have purged the cache in file browser. Trashed preferences, checked all the preferences that I could find and reinstalled photoshop, notheing has helped. She is on a dual G5 with a gig of ram. Help!!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Jun 11, 2004
Does it happen with all files, or just some? How large are the files that return the error message?

What’s the exact version of OS X?

What are the Cache Levels set to and what maximum percentage of dynamically changing available memory is assigned to Photoshop? (Both of these under Photoshop > Preferences > Memory & Image Cache. Try setting the Cache Levels to 4 and the maximum RAM usable by Photoshop to about 70 or 75%.)

Have you Repaired Permissions?

Ramón G Castañeda "Repair Permissions BEFORE AND AFTER installing software (for the FAQs?)" 6/2/04 8:12pm </cgi-bin/webx?50>
R
Ram
Jun 11, 2004
Also, does it happen in any other account on the same machine? Try creating a new account and see if the problem persists.
JF
Jeff_Furse
Jun 11, 2004
Any file over 100 meg or so. Cache levels set to 4 and upped it to 6. Max percent is 75%. Tried to use it in another account (mine) and it worked fine, switched to her account, seemed to work fine for an hour or so, then it started doing it again.
R
Ram
Jun 11, 2004
Bring the Cache Levels down to 4.

Did you Repair Permissions as per the above link? (Before and after the installation)
R
Ram
Jun 11, 2004
Ramón G Castañeda "Repair Permissions BEFORE AND AFTER installing software (for the FAQs?)" 6/2/04 8:12pm </cgi-bin/webx?50>

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections