LM
Posted By
Lynn_Minney
Jun 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I cannot rasterize any files in Photoshop 7 or CS (including Illustrator & Freehand EPS & PDF’s) running OS 10.3.4 on a dual proccessor G5 with 1.5GB RAM. I’ve tried re-installing both, but that didn’t help. When I attempt to rasterize a file in Photoshop it opens up blank no matter what the settings are. I gave up for a while and was using another computer to this, but it is a huge inconvience for me. I’d appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

GB
g_ballard
Jun 10, 2004
You might try uninstalling and reinstalling (including the updaters), and the system maintenance… <http://www.gballard.net/psd/troubleshootpurgepsd.html>
R
Ram
Jun 10, 2004
Click on the link below:

Ramón G Castañeda "Repair Permissions BEFORE AND AFTER installing software (for the FAQs?)" 6/2/04 8:12pm </cgi-bin/webx?50>
LM
Lynn_Minney
Jun 10, 2004
So I removed Photoshop & reinstalled as well as repairing permissions before & after and still no luck. Any other suggestions? Thanks.
R
Ram
Jun 10, 2004
Are you on Photoshop 7.0.1?
LM
Lynn_Minney
Jun 10, 2004
No, I recently upgraded to CS, but had the same problem is 7.0.1.
R
Ram
Jun 10, 2004
Your original post says "7", that’s why I asked.

If you have Norton Anti Virus, turn it off. That’s the problem.

Because Norton components are so darned intrusive, I don’t let anything with the Norton name reside on my computer, especially File Saver and Norton Anti Virus. It’s OK to use Norton Disk Doctor off the CD as a last resort when Apple’s Disk Utility and DiskWarrior fail, but the Norton components on the hard drive can cause more damage than they fix.
B
Buko
Jun 10, 2004
I just have freehand 10. I made an eps file, it opened just fine.

do you use file extensions? (.eps, .pdf)
LM
Lynn_Minney
Jun 10, 2004
I just removed all Norton components and now I can rasterize. Thank you so much for your help!
R
Ram
Jun 10, 2004
Glad you’re back in business, Lynn. Sorry I didn’t think of Norton’s sooner.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections