Posted By
Bryan_Karl_Lathrop
Jun 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi folks,

Question regarding a multichannel file in Photoshop CS.

The file in question is a logo with PMS 5815U and 5855U as spot color channels (5855 being the fill (lighter) and 5815U (darker) as the shadow). I started with a flat version of the logo that was 5855 before applying a subtle pillow emboss and designating 5815 as the shadow color in the emboss dialog box. 5815 was channel #1, 5855 was channel #2.

My printer just called me this morning about the bluelines, asking if there was supposed to be a screen of 5815 overprinting the 5855.

Question: does the channel number determine print order/overprint….etc?

clarification would be greatly appreciated
Bryan

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jun 10, 2004
Answer

no, the ink in the press cylinder tower does.
LT
Laurentiu_Todie
Jun 10, 2004
Bryan, Some 4 color process shops print the yellow first, some-last (the bastids). Most offset inks are not opaque and if you look at the last blanket you may see all the colors blended, offseted from unit to unit.
I’d print the light ink first, but it doesn’t matter much.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections