DS
Posted By
Dick_Smith
Dec 2, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a filter that cretes a page curl effect. I have extracted the .8bf file and placed into the PSE Plugins folder and then to the filters folder and then I even created a folder for it and put the file in there. Still the filter is not visible in the filters list.

Obviously I’m forgetting a step somewhere.

Dick

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JF
Jodi Frye
Dec 2, 2003
Dick, ya don’t need to create a folder for it…just put in plug ins>filters….it just rides in there with the rest. Is it Mac’s page curl ??
TF
Terri_Foster
Dec 2, 2003
Have you checked under File-automation…a couple of filters I installed ended up there. To review…unzip folder, place extracted folder into PSE plug-ins folder. Your filter should be in there…oh yeah, also check through your regular list…I had a couple of Filters attach themselves to PSE prepackaged distort filter.

Terri
R
Ray
Dec 2, 2003
Dick,

It might be there under the editor’s name. Look closely, I "lost" a few plugins this way myself 😉

Ray
DS
Dick_Smith
Dec 3, 2003
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Just got home a few minutes ago and haven’t had a chance to check all of your ideas yet.

Jodi, no it’s called MPcurl. I have the Mac’s curls as well, I was just trying to see what this one was like.

Dick
RR
Raymond Robillard
Dec 3, 2003
Dick,

Don’t be, really, this happened to me a few times before 🙂

Ray
JC
Jane_Carter
Dec 3, 2003
Hi Dick, Don’t feel bad, I am *still* trying to install Hidden Powers.

Most everything else I just have put in to PSE according to great instructions from everybody here, and been mostly succesful thanks to you all, Jodi’s awesome stuff is in my PSE and works like a charm.
But is was verrrrry mystifying to me at first.
Jane
MT
Michelle_Thomas
Dec 3, 2003
Hi,

Will someone please tell me where to get Jodi’s filters from? Can Photoshop filters be used in Elements?

Thank you from a newbie,

Michelle
JF
Jodi Frye
Dec 3, 2003
Michelle, what exactly are you looking for ? I don’t have filters but at the moment I am sharing frame styles, Christmas stars brushes and some inner glow styles. Click on my name up here for my e-mail address and I will try and set you up as soon as I can.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Dec 3, 2003
Hi Michelle,

Some Photoshop filters can be used in Elements but it really is a case of try them and see what happens … I have one or two that work fine but others just won’t work at all.

Wendy
MT
Michelle_Thomas
Dec 3, 2003
Okay, I understand. Thanks for the input.

Jodi, will do! Thanks.

Michelle
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Dec 3, 2003
Hi everyone,

Mac’s page curl … have tried this on the Mac but it doesn’t seem to work … is it just for PC’s?.

If so does anyone know a page curl that works on the Mac?

Wendy
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 3, 2003
You’re right, PCs only. We’re still looking for a Mac version, especially one that will work on OS X.
JC
Jane_Carter
Dec 4, 2003
All Jodi’s goodies work on Macs, on OS 9 as well as UNIX(OS X), and they are wonderful. Page Curl is not for us Macs at the moment, but somebody will come up with it, or something close, for us eventually. Hang in there,,,,,
Jane
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Dec 4, 2003
Oh well … I think that I have seen a tutorial for page curl somewhere.

Wendy

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections