MN
Posted By
Michael_Nunn
Dec 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Every time i try to download new Recipes iget this Error.

An Unexpected Error Occurred While
Communicating With The Online Service.Please
Try Again.

Anyone got any ideas.

Mick

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

NS
Nancy_S
Dec 1, 2003
Mick,

There haven’t been any updates for the program. The solution is to change your preferences for Adobe Online to "Never".
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Dec 1, 2003
Hi, Nancy. Yes but downloading recipes should work–there are recipes, like the vignette, that have to be downloaded if you want them.

Mick–how long have you been trying? I’ve gotten that once or twice when there was a problem on the adobe end. It always went away in a day or two, though.
RC
Richard_Coencas
Dec 1, 2003
Could be temporary server issue like Barbara suggested. Are you behind a firewall? That could also cause that sort of a problem.

Rich
D
DaveLessnau
Dec 2, 2003
I’ve got the same problem here. None of the lists in the Online Services can refresh and trying to download any of the existing items in the list results in the same "Unexpected Error Occurred While
Communicating With The Online Service" message.
D
DaveLessnau
Dec 3, 2003
Still happening today. Can anyone else actually connect to Online Services?

Is there any way to retrieve and install the things that are on Online Services without going through Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0? In my case, I need the JPEG 2000 plug-in.
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 3, 2003
You can go to the Adobe site (http://www.adobe.com) for the JPEG 2000 plugin. As a matter of fact, you’d have to, because it now has to be purchased. It had been a freebie when it was first introduced, but that was well over a year ago.

And yes I can connect to online services, but there’s nothing there I want. 🙂
TC
Tom_Cockeram
Dec 27, 2003
I’m having similar trouble – i’m behind a firewall (Norton internet security) but i have allowed PSE2 complete acess to the web and still nowt happens.

I’ve only have pse2 for a couple of days so i dont know if it will just go away over time but it is a bit annoying that i cant get any new recipes

Thoz
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 27, 2003
Tom, this is kind of an old thread in "forum years". Could you describe your problem in more detail, please? I can’t tell if you’re having trouble accessing Recipes, Updates, or Help files.
SS
Susan_S.
Dec 28, 2003
Well I have in the past updated the Recipes successfully – but having had to reinstall Elements in the last week, I tried to redownload the Recipes that had been added since the publication of the original disc – and couldn’t (at least yesterday – and just now). I think it’s a bit flakey. try again later perhaps.

susan S.
KC
Kathy_Crapo
Jan 2, 2004
I am getting that same error message today, with a brand new program just installed since Christmas. Can you only access these through your program or is there a page on this site somewhere to get them manually?
BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 3, 2004
There must be server problems, because I just checked and could get neither Recipes nor Updates. Usually I can. I guess Susan’s advice to try again some other time still holds.
GM
Gary_M_Sampson
Jan 7, 2004
I’m getting the same error as the rest of you, but 2 times it let me download the receipes and then I got an error when I installed them. I had no problem with the 2000jpeg download.
S
Stampmasker
Jan 31, 2004
Well I guess it is true that missery loves company! 🙂
I feel a little better that I am not the only one!
I was able to d/l recipes but now I can’t.

I have tried many times over many days 🙁 it hasn’t mattered.

I just bought a new XP machine and I wanted to put elements 2 on it. Well it worked okay except for the online services.

Can I get the jpeg from my windows 98 machine? I haven’t unloaded elements yet because I wanted to make sure it worked. A good idea I guess. Where would I find the plugin in the plugins folder.

Stampmasker

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections