B
Posted By
Blacknight
Jun 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Running the diffuse/anisotropic filter twice (once and then again on a counterclockwise rotated canvas) locks up my computer on the second use. I’ve done this countless times before, and today it doesn’t like it.
WHERE does the diffuse filter live on my HD? I’d like to replace JUST that. I’ve reinstalled: (over the top of, not erased and redone completely) the whole thing, just the filters, thrown away my PS preferences, given it more memory, made some extra room on ths scratch disk…and now I’m here because none of that worked.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jun 6, 2004
Um,

have you tried looking in the filters folder?
B
Buko
Jun 6, 2004
I would look at an extension conflict too.

also if you can run OS9.2.2 its much more stable a system than 9.1.

do you do regular maintenance??

Have you trashed your prefs??
B
Blacknight
Jun 6, 2004
umm – yeah. Maybe it has a name I don’t recognize. What’s it called in YOUR filters folder?

I tried installing 9.2.2, and it screwed everything up.

Photoshop 7 has been working fine up until yesterday. I installed no new extensions, and if you would read above, i trashed my prefs. in short, I did all the things that people normally do whenever they have been running a Mac for a while (me since 1996) and have problems. I ran TechTool on it and rebuilt the desktop and zapped the PRAM too. I KNOW what to do, it’s just that none of that normal stuff seems to make any differencwe.

I was hoping for some other-than-normal advice on what to do.
GB
g_ballard
Jun 6, 2004

9.1 was always stable here…
R
Ram
Jun 6, 2004
It was OK with me too, but 9.2.2 was much better.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 6, 2004
Diffuse/Anisotropic is one of those filters which takes a while to do its thing which makes me think that it is somewhat of a RAM-hog.

How much RAM and scratch space do you have? And are you certain that your RAM is good?

As to where it lives on the HD: I don’t know. D/A seems to be buried deeply in Photoshop and using "Find" reveals nothing.
GB
g_ballard
Jun 6, 2004
9.2.2 was much better

How so?
R
Ram
Jun 6, 2004
It never crashed on me, not even once, after I took out the known troublemakers. 9.1 did.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections