EG
Posted By
Eduardo_Garza
Jun 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
HI. I just installed Photoshop CS on my ibook computer and I am having one small problem. On my working area, you could see my desktop(when there is no other window open.) You could see all of my toolbars on the top and sides, but in the middle, you could see my desktop. Or sometimes, if a window from safari is open, you can see that. And if you accidentally click on that area, the safari programs come up and photoshop hides away.

I hope everybody understand this description. If someone did understand it, can you help me out? I want that "transparent" are to be gray, so that I won’t accidentally click on it and direct me to another program besides photoshop. Thank You. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

P
Phosphor
Jun 6, 2004
Sounds like you’re used to the way the Windows OS generally sets applications to take up the full screen by default.

Macs don’t work this way.

If you want full screen, open (or create) a document window, then tap the letter "F" key. Tap it again. Tap it a 3rd time to get back to standard Mac-document behavior.
EG
Eduardo_Garza
Jun 6, 2004
Oh Ok. I didn’t know that Macs would be different in this way. It’s alright, I can get used to it. I can keep some tutorial on the background or sometthing. Heh. Thank you for your help.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 6, 2004
Eduardo,

Hit F and you will get the document filling the screen and you can drag both the image and the gray "apron" border around. This is a great new feature in CS and I now work in that mode almost all the time. I only wish there was a key command to minimize to the Dock (or is there one that I don’t know?)

If you need to get back to the Desktop in a hurry hit F11.

The standard Mac method of windows floating on the Desktop can be quite useful for switching quickly from one application to another when you get used to it.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections