SG
Posted By
Scottie_G.
Jun 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Question: I enter my copyright info in RAW files. Then I batch them to jpegs. But when I open the jpegs, there is something called status and it says UNKNOWN, even though the copyright is right below that. Any clues on that?

Any way to make a folder of jpegs say copyrighted instead of unknown short of doing a new action and a batch? Any shortcuts on this?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BF
Bruce_Fraser
Jun 5, 2004
Select one JPEG, go to File Info, change the status flag to Copyrighted, and enter our copyright notice and anything else you want embedded, then Save Metadata Template from the flyout menu at the top-right of the File Info dlog.

Then, in the File Browser, select all the images, go to the metadata palette, open the palette menu, and you should see your metadata template there, with the option to replace or append the metadata in the template. It’ll write the copyrighted flag into all the JPEGs.

You can also replace or append this metadata template to your raws, and avoid the problem in future.
SG
Scottie_G.
Jun 6, 2004
Great– made a template, but just tried to use it for first time on different folder, and it’s grayed out, even with images selected.

Now, I have to say, the window you get with, file info, is lot easier to use than plugging into the iptc box directly. In that box, I don’t think you can tab from field to field. I assume these are mirrors of each other, correct? Also , is there a way to instantly clear all info on either method?

I think template (when I get it to work) sounds great. But what do you do being that each subject title for each shoot changes. You make a template for basic stuff like copyright, apply it somehow to whole shoot, then enter the new specific subject info, and then apply that, on second pass?
BF
Bruce_Fraser
Jun 7, 2004
Scottie,

Given this and the problem you’re having with the image cache, I suspect you’re experiencing a deeper problem, and I’m almost certanly less well quaified than a lot of other folks around here to troubleshoot it.

The Tab key DOES advance from field to field in the IPTC section of both the metadata template and the File Info dialog.

–> You make a template for basic stuff like copyright, apply it somehow to whole shoot, then enter the new specific subject info, and then apply that, on second pass?

Yes, exactly.

Anyone who wants to gain a much deeper understanding of this stuff could do a lot worse than opening the various XMP files — the sidecars, the metadata templates, the File info panels—in a text editor.
SG
Scottie_G.
Jun 9, 2004
That was a great idea Bruce. I opened up those things in Word. the .xmp file and the metadata template looked very similar to me. It was interesting to see all the iptc stuff in the the .xmp file. File info panel was empty. If you have second, let us know what that is, My guess is that its probably something handy.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections