ST
Posted By
S Taylor
Jun 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I created a test Set/action about 3 weeks ago, did NOT save it, but it has been available on the Actions palette through daily quits of Photoshop.

I have not been able to locate it in the finder.

I can find the default actions (.atn files) that came with PS, (Apps/PS/Presets/PS Actions/, but my test action was not in there.

So, my question is, if I don’t save an action to a specific location, where does this Set reside? Not as a .atn file.

Thanks, Sonny

G5, 10.3.4

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

ST
S Taylor
Jun 5, 2004
Well, I did some research, and think that I have found the answer.

If an action is not Saved… via the Action Palette, PS does retain the action in (User) prefs for subsequent uses. It will be deleted from this location if you Reset actions. If you Save… the action, it will be saved with the .atn suffix, and not be deleted unless you specifically do so.

S Taylor wrote:

I created a test Set/action about 3 weeks ago, did NOT save it, but it has been available on the Actions palette through daily quits of Photoshop.

I have not been able to locate it in the finder.

I can find the default actions (.atn files) that came with PS, (Apps/PS/Presets/PS Actions/, but my test action was not in there.
So, my question is, if I don’t save an action to a specific location, where does this Set reside? Not as a .atn file.

Thanks, Sonny

G5, 10.3.4

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections