Posted By
John_Ayres
Nov 29, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
Today is the first time this has happened, but when I click on a recipe to help me correct a photo I receive a window that states the recipe can’t be found and the recipe file can’t be located. I have re-installed the application and still receive the same message. I am running Mac OS 10.1.5 and am using Photoshop Elements 2.0.
Thank you for any help you may have.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

NS
Nancy_S
Nov 29, 2003
John,

Try deleting your preferences file, it is probably corrupt. Reinstallation doesn’t kill it… it must be hunted down manually and deleted or do this…

The instant you click the PSE icon to launch, grab three keys simulateously (shift/alt/ctrl in Windows, not sure of the equivalent Mac keys) and hold them down until you get a dialog box. Answer yes, the program loads and builds a new preference file. Hopefully this will make you good to go. Come back if this does not solve your problem, we’ll think of something else.

Nancy
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Nov 29, 2003
I would manually delete them in this situation, I think, John. Go to your home>library>preferences folder and trash com.adobe.photoshop.elements.plist and the Elements preferences folder.

BTW, mac keystroke combo is command+shift+option.
JA
John_Ayres
Nov 29, 2003
Thank you both for your suggestions. I have deleted the suggested preference files and tried the keyboard combination when starting up
the application, however I still get the same message that my recipes cannot be found. I wonder if deleting the entire application from my hard drive and installing it fresh from the installation CD would help.?
-John
NS
Nancy_S
Nov 29, 2003
John,

I think that is the next step since ditching the preferences didn’t do it for you. It appears that the link to your recipes got broken (that is if you do see items in the Recipe folder under PSE). You will have to do a search after uninstall to hunt down the few stray items of PSE that remain before you reinstall. Be sure to have any virus scan program disabled during install.

Nancy
JA
John_Ayres
Nov 30, 2003
Thank you to all who replied to my question. I have deleted the application and re-installed it from my original CD and all is well again. I have my recipes back
-John
BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 30, 2003
Hooray!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections