AC
Posted By
Angela_Cretsinger
Jun 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Transparency of background seems to be transparent in a Photoshop 7.0 file but when placed in Indesign 2.0 the box still seems transparent on the monitor but prints as a lighter version of whatever it is behind it. This causes odd ghost like backgrounds only within the canvas area of the placed image in Indesign. I am using a 1 GHz Power PC G4 1MB L3 cache per processor with 1.25 GB of Ram. It’s running on system OS X. I print on an HP 5500 Lazer printer.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 3, 2004
How did you create the transparent background originally?
AC
Angela_Cretsinger
Jun 4, 2004
The photoshop document was set up as transparent and the background behind the image was cleared using the selection tools.
G
graffiti
Jun 4, 2004
Could it be a transparency flattener setting in the InDesign print menu?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 4, 2004
Meaning the Magic Wand or Eraser?

I asked, because sometimes one doesn’t get the background as clean as you think you have with these tools.
JS
John_Slate
Jun 5, 2004
If there are any readings at all from the info palette in a spot that looks transparent, then it is not transparent.

Total transparency means no pixels, ergo no readings from the info palette.
B
Buko
Jun 5, 2004
When I delete a background I usually put a contrasting color behind the image so I can see what I’m erasing/deleting

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections