L
Posted By
LonnieBear
Jun 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a client who, after going to HTML, decided to make substantial changes to their site design. I have already sliced the document in Imageready, but now I need to go back to JPG proofs. However, now I can’t "Save for Web" in Photoshop without making slices. I really don’t want to delete all the slices. Is there any way to tell Photoshop to just ignore the slices when saving a jpeg for the web? The regular JPGs created when simply "saving as" are much too large for proofing.

Thanks!
LD

P.S. I’m using Photoshop 7.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

SW
Scott_Weichert
Jun 3, 2004
new layer (Command-option-shift-N)

Merge visible (Command-option-shift-E)

Duplicate layer (Layer > Duplicate Layer) Choose new from the drop down menu.

Save for web.

There is no way, I’m aware of, to have Photoshop or Imageready ignore slices.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 3, 2004
However, you can "Clear Slices" (in Photoshop’s View menu) and create new or different ones.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 3, 2004
Why not Clear Slices, Save for Web, then step back in History to get your slices back. Or am I misunderstanding the question?
CF
cherie_f
Jun 9, 2004
For some reason, yesterday PS7 freaked out on me and now whenever I go to save something for the web, I am stuck in slice mode. This with existing graphics AND newly created graphics. I’ve tried everything…restarted my computer, trashed the prefs, etc. I don’t recall clicking anything odd that would have caused this to happen and I’m stumped. Also can’t do any work on client’s photos as I’m unable to save as I want.

Help please. I’m going bonkers trying to get this back to normal. lol 🙂
B
Buko
Jun 9, 2004
Trash the save for web prefs
CF
cherie_f
Jun 9, 2004
Already have done that. Doesn’t help.
J
jonf
Jun 9, 2004
If all you need to do is save an image for the web with no slices, why do you need save for web at all? Don’t you have all the options you need to save correctly just from the save as dialog for jpeg, gif, or whichever?
RW
Rene_Walling
Jun 11, 2004
jonf, Save for Web will also strip metadata from the image, resulting in smaller files (and faster downloads).

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections