II
Posted By
Indy_IL
Jun 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When converting images to CMYK from any other color mode, the default value for the white in the images has 1% cyan, 1% Magenta and 1% Yellow. Is there anyway to set it up so I do not get this? My Current color management settings are as follows for CMYK:
Type: GCR
Black Start 40%
Black Max: 100%
TIC: 220%
UCA: 15%
GCR Delta: 0%
Dot Gain 30%

I created this profile in PhotoRetouch Pro.

I’m using them in Photoshop 7 on Dual 1ghz PowerPC G4, 2MB L3 Cache per processor and 1.5 GB SDRAM OSX 10.3.4.

Thanks for your time.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AR
Andrew Rodney
Jun 2, 2004
The problem is the profile (it’s making a scum dot).

What rendering intent are you using with this profile (does it show the scum dot with RelCol and Perceptual)?

What CMM are you using in Photoshop?
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jun 2, 2004
What color engine?

What OS?
II
Indy_IL
Jun 2, 2004
Currently using Adobe (ACE) Relative Colorimetric
Black point compensation is checked
and Use Dither is checked.

It does show the scum dot with perceptual selected also.
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jun 2, 2004
bad profile.
II
Indy_IL
Jun 2, 2004
Is it bad because of my settings or do you mean a corrputed color profile? I tried recreating a new color profile and it still has the C,Y, & M at 1%. Is there another way I can create the profiles? Currently I’m using PhotoRetouch Pro to create them because that is where I can get the extra settings for Black start, black limit and etc..
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jun 2, 2004
Is there another way I can create the profiles?

Use different software.
PF
Peter_Figen
Jun 2, 2004
Applications like ProfileMaker, Monaco Systems, PrintOpen and others will all make custom profiles with all of the options and possibly more that you want, from custom measured data, but you’ll need a spectro to read the targets.

What are you printing on that requires only 220% coverage and a 30% dot gain? That sounds like it might be a toner based digital press.

Where does PhotoRetouchPro get it’s color data from for it’s conversions?
II
Indy_IL
Jun 3, 2004
I am printing on newsprint for the final output and those are the settings required. I’m not 100% sure about PhotoRetouch Pro’s color data conversions but I will look into the ones you mentioned. Thanks for the help everyone! I really appreciate the feedback.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections