Posted By
robert_gallegos
Jun 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello All.

I’m in the process of migrating to the MAC platform (G5) any users here with any experience migrating to the MAC platform? I’m assuming that in addition to purchasing all MAC Adobe products – the current PC application in Flash, Golive, Illustrator, Premier, and Photoshop will need to be re-created.

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

I may be personally reached at

Sincerely,

Robert

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 1, 2004
Mac not MAC.

Yes, you will need Mac versions of all that software. Don’t know what you mean by the current PC application… will need to be re-created. "If you are ready to upgrade you can cross-grade."
C
CygnusX1
Jun 1, 2004
Robert,

As Ed said any applications being used on your PC , will require you to obtain the Mac versions, and I believe Adobe and others may offer a ‘cross platform upgrade".

As for the "re created" , if you had applications specifically (custom) created for your PC workflow (if that’s what you mean), then they will need to be re written for the Mac (UNIX).

Other wise for your commercially graphics applications, they should be easily available.
R
Ram
Jun 1, 2004
Robert,

What Ed says: it’s a Mac. "MAC" has a different meaning in IT, namely Modular Access Control.
RG
robert_gallegos
Jun 1, 2004
Ed et al.

Thanks for the feedback and correction. What I meant is: I have several sites written in Photoshop PC – will I have to recreate the these files in Mac or will the Mac Machine read the PSD files?
PH
Paul_Hokanson
Jun 1, 2004
Thanks for the feedback and correction. What I meant is: I have several sites written in Photoshop PC – will I have to recreate the these files in Mac or will the Mac Machine read the PSD files?

No need to recreate anything. Photoshop is cross platform. The only issue you may have is with some text layers not being recognized as editible vector text unless you have the exact Mac font to replace the original Window’s font used.
JA
Just_A_Mac_Guy
Jun 1, 2004
Font reflow should be your biggest problem… and that ain’t too big considering the advantages you will gain.

Just my opinion…

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections