NG
Posted By
Noel_Gayle
Nov 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have PE instaled on my Windows XP Pro system. Then I installed the new OmniPage Pro 14. Since then all my graphic icons (.jpg, .gif and .bmp) were changed to the OmniPage icons. I’ve forced the respective file to open with PE by right-clicking on the file, select Open With and chose PE. The icons remain unchanged from OmniPage. I do like having OmniPage override my graphic icons! Any suggestions?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 26, 2003
I don’t think you’re going to be impressed with my idea, but the only one I have is to uninstall Elements and then reinstall it, and then it will be top dog again! Maybe. The icon problem is a nastier one than overriding default programs.
NG
Noel_Gayle
Nov 27, 2003
Thanks Beth, I do not mind reinstalling PE, and will try your idea. I should point out there is typo error in my original message. It should read "I do NOT like having OmniPage override my graphic icons!"
BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 27, 2003
Well let us know if it works! And from the rest of the post I figured a ‘not’ went in there. 🙂
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Nov 27, 2003
‘Mornin’ Beth – you’re up early!!
BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 27, 2003
That turkey and I have a "hot date" today!

Happy Thanksgiving Chuck!
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Nov 27, 2003
Same to you, Beth! I’m going to try to be helpful in the kitchen today, too (that usually means ‘stay out of the way’)…
BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 27, 2003
You know, Chuck, if you lived up here you could spend several hours skiing and be home in time for dinner! 🙂 That would keep ya out of the way.
LG
Lorace_Graham
Nov 27, 2003
Noel,

When you choose Open With – do you also check the box that says, Always open these files with this program?

It worked for me when the wrong program opens my music files or my graphic files.

Good luck,

Lorace
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Nov 27, 2003
Beth, now yer talkin! I lost control of the ‘puter to my daughter, who’s shopping online for a snowboard. BTW, she lives in Dallas….
BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 27, 2003
A lot of people are totally hyped this year, because the lifts have already been open over a week. The resort operators are thrilled. They usually figure they’ll have a good season if they can open on Thanksgiving.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Nov 27, 2003
Beth, does this mean you’ve finally gotten the snow you wanted so much last year?
BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 27, 2003
No. 🙁 We had a little bit a week ago Friday, but it barely covered the lawn, and there was nothing on the pavement. I guess that’s an improvement over last year, but I hope we get something more impressive before Winter is over! There’s been a lot in the mountains, though, and you can get to the slopes in less than 90 minutes. I’ve always been so clumsy that I never even tried to get on skis!
NG
Noel_Gayle
Dec 1, 2003
Thanks. I did that and it worked. However, whenever I hover the cursor over the graphic icon, the Details (on the left) state the graphic is a "OmniPage Image File." Do you know if this is normal? Why not an "Adobe Photoshop Elements File?"

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections