TL
Posted By
Tom_Laichalk
Nov 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I downloaded from the Adobe Website, the free 30-day tryout for Windows. I want to access the "Printed User Guide", but I can’t locate it in Windows Exployer or anywhere else. Where is the Guide?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Nov 26, 2003
Hi Tom,

I have been to the download section but can’t find a mention of a printed user guide. Some useful help sections are:

the How To section … that is in the palette well (on the top right hand side)

the search facility … that is at the top of the screen (if you type a subject in there a pop up box will appear you can then click on a subject and the relevant help section will load) Type help in the search box and you will see what I mean.

Hope this is of some use to you

Wendy
TL
Tom_Laichalk
Nov 27, 2003
Hi Wendy,

I didn’t think you would find the Printed User Guide at the Adobe Website. The online Help of the application states that a printable user guide is included with the application.

I wish that I could contact Adobe directly and ask if the downloaded 30-day tryout version is truly complete as they said it was.

Tom
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Nov 27, 2003
Tom, it should be a PDF file. I know it’s found on the CD when you buy the program that way….
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Nov 27, 2003
Tom, it’s a big file – over 5 megabytes….
CS
carl_sutherland
Nov 27, 2003
Hi Tom,

I do not feel you are missing much in not having the guide. I have both the Guide for PSE 1 and PSE 2 and I have spent little time with either. The Guide is mostly prose without clarifying images and helps me little. I find the prose to be quite "dense" and open to many interpretations. I could spend the whole 30 days just trying to figure out what the Guide is trying to tell me. I suggest you get the "Teach yourself Visually" book on PSE 2. Its mostly pictures and much easier to understand for me. Also, read the forum here for 30 days will give you a good idea of what you can do with the program and may be the best learning tool of all.

Don’t hesitate to buy PSE 2 whether or not you get the 30 day free trial if you have any interest in editing pictures. Its a wonderful program that I use a lot and still learning about it after 1-2 years of working with it. 30 days will only scratch the surface.

Carl
CS
carl_sutherland
Nov 27, 2003
Hi Tom,

I do not feel you are missing much in not having the guide. I have both the Guide for PSE 1 and PSE 2 and I have spent little time with either. The Guide is mostly text without clarifying images and helps me little. I find the text to be quite "dense" and open to many interpretations. I could spend the whole 30 days just trying to figure out what the Guide is trying to tell me. I suggest you get the "Teach yourself Visually" book on PSE 2. Its mostly pictures and much easier to understand for me. Also, read the forum here for 30 days will give you a good idea of what you can do with the program and may be the best learning tool of all.

Don’t hesitate to buy PSE 2 whether or not you get the 30 day free trial if you have any interest in editing pictures. Its a wonderful program that I use a lot and still learning about it after 1-2 years of working with it. 30 days will only scratch the surface.

Carl
CS
carl_sutherland
Nov 27, 2003
OOOPPSS.

I can’t figure out how to edit without creating a duplicate. Maybe a layers function has been added.

Carl
TF
Terri_Foster
Nov 27, 2003
Carl. Good one…glad I’m not the only one whose ever done a double post.

Tom, I’m with Carl on this one…the guide is pretty over the top. I have learned almost everything from online sources and reading posts on this forum. I would suggest looking up <http://www.arraich.com/elements/pse_hhow1.htm>. It’s one of the better sites…it was much more helpful to me than the manual.
Good luck.

Terri

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections