AK
Posted By
Allen_Kaufman
May 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve encountered a problem that I am hoping someone can respond to with a solution.

I will keep it very short:

it appears any colorsync-dependent program (like Photoshop) can no longer display and graphics files correctly. Suffice it to say the color spectrum is WAY off.. over saturated.. completely tweaked.

I have Graphic Converter as well. I can turn off color management in GC and the pictures look fine. If I turn it on, it looks the same (just as BAD) as in PS. Turning color management off in PS only brings the colors closer to normal but still very ugly and inaccurate.

The same color problems appear in the Finder on the buttons and say… iChat when choosing a picture icon… and even the desktop picture. (The desktop picture can be corrected, however, by opening the picture file up in Graphic Converter and re-saving it without embedding the color profile info.. then it’s fine on the desktop.. but still bad in Photoshop!

Failed attempts at resolving so far include:

Re installed OS (from Jaguar to Panther even!)
Resintalled Photoshop
Repair Color Profiles with ColorSync Utility

Note.. this last one had worked one time: there was a bad profile for an Epson printer and when repaired.. everything went back to appearing normal after a restart. However, I had later tried to re-install the Epson driver and then the problem came back. I ran through the same repair routine, in found the same problem in the same profile, made the same correction – but to no effect.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance

AK

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
May 29, 2004
<< Any ideas? >>

Yes. Go here:

<http://www.gballard.net/psd/colorlooksbad.html>
and then to:
<http://www.gballard.net/nca.html#setuppsdcm>

and follow his instructions — to the letter.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections