SS
Posted By
susan_scott
May 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
PS8’s plugin for opening digital camera raw files has an excellent filter for chromatic abberation. We sometimes get a slight chromatic abberation thing happening in our Imacon scans and were wondering if there’s anyway you can open a Tiff into this plugin in order to apply this filter.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ram
May 26, 2004
Good question, Susan.

I suggest posting it in the Photoshop Camera Raw Plugin section of the forum. On the main Photoshop Macintosh forum page, look at the topmost folder.

Or click the link below:

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.1de806fd>

Tom Knoll will surely read it there.
B
Buko
May 26, 2004
I would think not.
R
Ram
May 26, 2004
Why not, Buko? He reads and replies to a whole bunch of posts there.
R
Ram
May 26, 2004
Buko,

A quick search in the ACR section returns over 100 posts by Thomas Knoll.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
May 26, 2004
And wouldn’t it be wonderful if you could scan to Nikon RAW nefs (no these are unfortunately different from Camera-created nefs) and open them in ACR?
SS
susan_scott
May 26, 2004
Thanks for your suggestion Ramos, I ‘m going to the Raw Plugin section now.
B
Buko
May 27, 2004
seems I was correct.
R
Ram
May 27, 2004
Buko,

Ah, I thought you were saying Tom Knoll wouldn’t read the post, now it seems you were saying what the poster wants is not possible. Well, that was not my point, really. I was hoping Thomas Knoll might begin thinking about making the chromatic aberration correction available outside of ACR so we could apply it to other types of files as well.
BF
Bruce_Fraser
May 27, 2004
The only resemblance between .NEFs produced by Nikon scanners and .NEFs produced by Nikon cameras is that Nikon was idiotic enough to give them both the same extension.

It’s entirely likely that you’ll see chromatic aberration correx in a future version of Photoshop, but Camera Raw is simply not applicable to scanned images, which already have three channels, have a white balance set in cement, and require no demosaicing or gamma correction to turn into a color image.
R
Ram
May 27, 2004
It’s entirely likely that you’ll see chromatic aberration correx in a future version of Photoshop

That was my hope.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections