BD
Posted By
Bill_Dickason
Nov 22, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have about 20 preset layout files with .txt extensions in my preset\layout folder. My problem is that when I open the picture package only one, the last one I used, shows up in the drop down list.
I have found problems on the forum related to picture package, but did not see this one. How do I get the drop down list to show all the layout presets? Thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BB
brent_bertram
Nov 22, 2003
You might check the other page sizes ( another dropdown ). Sometimes I forget and create both 8 x 10 and 8.5 x11 formats. They don’t show up together in that case. If you actually can only get one format to show up, then I’d clear the Prefs file and start over. Reset Photoshop Prefs ! <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?50@@.ef4a07f>

🙂

Brent
BD
Bill_Dickason
Nov 22, 2003
Thanks.
I never thought about changing the paper size.
The only one coming up was apparently for an odd size I had made. Changed the size and all the others were there.
DL
Darvin_L._Miller
Dec 6, 2003
I am also using Picture Package. In retrieving pictures from iPhoto albums to use in my package, some of the pictures can be opened and others are flagged and can’t be opened when
I click on them. How can I adjust these (e.g., put them in an- other format) so they will open? I will be glad for any help you can give me in this regard.
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 6, 2003
I think a little more information might be helpful. What format are they in now? I don’t use iPhoto (though I do use a Mac), so I’m not too sure what’s going on. What format are the images in that Picture Package doesn’t like? My first inclination is to suggest you pull copies of any pictures out of iPhoto that you want to print and put them in another folder on your hard drive. Then you can open them in Elements, do a Save As to convert to another format and print from your new folder. Post a little more information and we can probably come up with a better idea!
DL
Darvin_L._Miller
Dec 7, 2003
Thanks, Beth, for responding. I tried establishing a new folder and to place it on my desktop. The error notice that appeared was that it couldn’t recognize the file (album) in my iPhoto where the pictures were located. I also tried exporting that album to
the desktop and received the same response. The pictures in the iPhoto album that I am attempting to bring in are in format JPG or JPEG and these were imported into iPhoto via either my digital camera or via Twain 5. And, as I mentioned before, some of the pictures are open (highlighted) so I can use them immediately in Picture Package and others are not. JPEG appears over their symbol. So, I am still puzzled on how to get these latter ones open. I would appreciate any further thoughts in this regard.
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 7, 2003
I’m going to hope one of our forum members who uses iPhoto will respond to this, because what you’re describing isn’t making any sense to me, either! Have you tried posting this on the Apple forum? It sounds more like a glitch in the iPhoto software to me.

I do understand you can’t get these photos into Picture Package and that you can’t get them moved to a new folder, but can you get the images to open in Elements at all through either having Elements set as your default program in iPhoto and double clicking, or by accessing the image files through Elements’ File>Open command? If so, you might try opening them, doing a Save As to another format like TIFF or PSD, and then saving the new image file to a new folder on your desktop. This is the long way, I know, but if you can get copies of these images out of iPhoto like that it might be worth it. The fact you can’t get them to print or to move is sounding kind of scary!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections