FD
Posted By
FIGARO_DUBENITZ
Jun 4, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve used Publisher for years. I hate it and evidently everyone else does too as no printer wants to work with it.

I recently was given Adobe InDesign 2.0 with manuel. The learning curve is way too steep for someone like me, however, as I am only familiar with Publisher. I also use Adobe Photoshop 6 but just for basic photo editing.

I’d like suggestions as to the best way to learn how to use InDesign. Is there a book or CD – Adobe InDesign for Dummies?

Please, I need help!

Figaro

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DG
Dana_Gartenlaub
Jun 5, 2005
How about you go to your local mega-bookstore and look on the shelves? There are all kinds of books out there, written by folks who know the software but are not really into running a business.
N
NTD
Jun 6, 2005
Figaro,

One of the best ways to learn new software IMO, is to get the manuals, go through any tutorials on the disks and then pick a simple project. Work your way through the project using your manuals.

This should give you a teeney bit of knowledge about what the software can do. Then, dive into some of the other books on the software. They will invariably guide you through more projects to bring you to fuller knowledge.

And, don’t forget these forums, a wealth of knowledge exists here.
DM
Don_McCahill
Jun 6, 2005
Figaro

I know what you mean about transitioning to ID. I had problems after years with PageMaker. My solution was to buy the Adobe Classroom in a Book for InDesign, which gives tutorials on all the basics.

BTW, you will have much better luck posting questions about InDesign in the InDesign forum, rather than the Photoshop one.
FD
FIGARO_DUBENITZ
Jun 6, 2005
Thank you. I will place my post in the right area next time!

Figaro

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections