L
Posted By
LRK
May 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am interested in the overall experience of Mac G5 with PSCS, especially working with large files, 800MB & up.

Also interested in comments on the latest, best, current and/or near future releases of the Mac.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BF
Bruce_Fraser
May 24, 2004
It’s very similar to the overall experience of Mac G4 with Photoshop CS, only faster…

Large files benefit from the fastest drives you can muster. (I think of "large" as >1.5GB, but everyone has their own pain point!)
L
LRK
May 24, 2004
Can you say about how much faster?

I am experiencing a long wait lately Bruce. I have a G4 1 GHz DP with 1.75 RAM but it’s not cutting the mustard anymore. My husband worked out a deal with me and if I fulfill my end of the deal he will buy me a new G5.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
May 24, 2004
Go "Top of the Line" :
Dual processors (there could be new G5s announced for the July MacWorld). Buy a second SATA internal drive.
Put 3 GB of RAM in the box.

= Computing Heaven.

[For everything else there is MasterCard]
L
LRK
May 24, 2004
Cool Ann!

Top of the line I will go… it’s in writing. ๐Ÿ™‚

I have to pay for my own memory and probably any extra hard drives though.

I suppose it would not be a good idea to transfer the extra hard drives from my G4?

It will take me a couple of months to fulfill my end of the deal so I have time to wait for July…
L
Larryr544
May 24, 2004
Newer G5’s are right around the corner. Hang on a little longer. IBM’s been lagging with the chips but WWDC is very soon. Of course this is all rumors well not quite…

< http://www.eetuk.com/bus/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=20 300708>

Since all currently shipping G5 models are fully available they must be talking about the next speed bumped models.
BF
Bruce_Fraser
May 24, 2004
–>Can you say about how much faster?

It really depends on what you’re doing. Drive speed depends on what you put in the box, and with big files, a lot of what happens is bound by the disk speed.

Opening a 300D raw at native resolution takes about 10 seconds on my 800MHzx2 G4, and a hair less than 3 seconds on the the 2GHzx2 G5.A complicated sharpening routine using calculations, masks, and layers that takes about 1 minute 40 seconds to execute on the G4 takes 10 seconds on the G5.

But opening a 3GB file is only slightly faster on the G5 than on the G4 (at least until I get the time to rebuild it with the internal drives striped into an array).
R
Ram
May 24, 2004
Linda,

My G4 is close to yours (a tad faster, 1.25MHz, Dual Processors 2GB RAM, but not by much) and the speed is just phenomenal. The big difference might very well be in the four internal drives (4×160). Counting the external FW drives I have a little over a Terabyte of disk space, so I left an 80GB partition on an otherwise empty internal disk for Photoshop scratch disk. If you do the same (large dedicated scratch disk drive) with a G5 I’d expect it’ll be so fast that you won’t even notice when Photoshop completes anything.

Now, reading about the pact you’ve made with your husband, I desperately need your advice in the fine art of spousal persuasion. I want to sneak another camera by my better half. Make allowances for my being an old geezer devoid of your feminine charm, and anything you can suggest will be highly appreciated. :")
L
LRK
May 24, 2004
That’s encouraging Bruce. Thanks!

Just think how fast the next generation might be. ๐Ÿ™‚
L
LRK
May 24, 2004
Larry, Thanks for the info and link. Sounds good!!! ๐Ÿ™‚
L
LRK
May 24, 2004
Ramon,

Not sure your wife will take kindly to this one. I was not going to say… but hey, it will add a little electricity to this thread. This deal was initiated by my husband.

Buckle your seat belts ladies… I can hear you now…

He wants me to lose 25 lbs and if I do he will buy me the top of the line Mac. ๐Ÿ™‚
R
Ram
May 24, 2004
Linda,

I can lose 25 lbs literally in a week, but (1) it doesn’t even show (barely a 10% weight reduction or less) and (2) it wouldn’t be worth a camera to my wife. In hindsight, I should have sneaked it in when she was immobilized by that nail in her foot. Maybe if I offer to get rid of two or three older ones in the camera collection…

By the way, I would not even be alive today if I had ever suggested to my wife that she lose 25 lbs in exchange for anything.
L
LRK
May 24, 2004
By the way, I would not even be alive today if I had ever suggested to my wife that she lose 25 lbs in exchange for anything.

LOL ROTF! I must be weird but it sounded like a good deal to me…

Now if I can lose that much! I’m not "that" fat… and have more muscle since starting to work out a few years back. As you know muscle weighs more than fat. Anyway I lost 2 lbs yesterday… my whopping jump start… however that 2 lbs doesn’t count… cause he since set a number and now I still have 25 lbs to go. You all have to help me do this!!! I really need it!!! ๐Ÿ™‚
R
Ram
May 24, 2004
I must be weird

Very.
L
LRK
May 24, 2004
Okay, now that we’ve settled that one…

What about you? Why can’t you have a new camera?
L
LRK
May 24, 2004
Now, reading about the pact you’ve made with your husband, I desperately need your advice in the fine art of spousal persuasion. I want to sneak another camera by my better half. Make allowances for my being an old geezer devoid of your feminine charm, and anything you can suggest will be highly appreciated.

Ladies: Let’s help Ramon out… Suggestions?
R
Ram
May 24, 2004
Why can’t you have a new camera?

Because I’ve bought a few in the very recent past and many throughout the years. Since I tend to hang on to everything, I haven’t even counted recently how many are resting on my shelves and in my cabinets.
L
LRK
May 24, 2004
Okay… very good clues… What if you offer to put your older cameras on eBay?

I know someone who buys them all up… ๐Ÿ˜‰ Her first name is Ann…
R
Ram
May 25, 2004
Noooooo! I said I might offer to sell one or two at best.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
May 25, 2004
Not exactly ALL of themย…ย…but I have bought a few VERY nice little trifles recently.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
May 25, 2004
Ramรณn:

You just need to get it into the house un-noticed.
You put it away among all your other stuff and then, if anyone notices that you are using new gear, it’s just:
"This old thing? Oh, I’ve had that for ages."

[Take it from one who has had plenty of experienceย…. ]
B
Buko
May 25, 2004
Get a Digital and you can say "Just think of all the money I will save on film"

You can’t loose.

saving all that money.
R
Ram
May 25, 2004
Ann and Buko,

None of that works. My wife and I have known each other for 47 years now, and I’m apparently very easy to read. She’d know in a minute. Besides, I just bought a digital SLR ("But, honey, think of all the money I’m saving by buying this one since I already have about 20 lenses that fit it." She went along that time.). It just so happens that I would also like to use my Nikon glass on a digital body too.

Example: last time we were in Beijing we happened to go our different ways one afternoon, she was buying silk, I ceramics. She met me in the hotel lobby, took one look at me and immediately asked me if I had bought a new camera, even though all my gear was up in the room, not on me. Well, not a camera, but I had in fact bought an extreme wide angle lens from a guy who had just ran out of funds, an experience you don’t want to go through in Mainland China.
JG
Jim_Goshorn
May 25, 2004
Ramon,

If your wife likes to travel maybe you could plan a trip to Japan and tell her while you are there that you might be able to save money on that new camera you have been dreaming about ๐Ÿ˜‰

Jim
L
LRK
May 25, 2004
Gee, there must be something that would work. ๐Ÿ˜‰
R
Ram
May 25, 2004
Maybe Hong Kong, Jim. I don’t think I’d survive even a couple of days in Japan myself (can’t stand Japanese food), and she’s been there already anyway. But Hong Kong will have to wait several years now. Too many destinations come before that.
L
Larryr544
May 25, 2004
Hong Kong wins.

Linda – drink a lot of water before the initial weigh in.
L
LRK
May 25, 2004
That won’t work. He set a number to reach… which started out 27 lbs lower. I lost the first two yesterday… now I have 25 more to go.
L
Larryr544
May 25, 2004
OK Be nude at the final weigh in. I’m just trying to help!
L
LRK
May 25, 2004
Oyyyyyy!
C
Cindy
May 25, 2004
I can’t hardly stand that deal Linda made. If someone tried to make that kind of deal with me they better take off running. I would never get away making that kind of deal either.

Good thing I’m all the way in California.
R
Ram
May 25, 2004
Cindy,

Thatย’s what I would have expected and that’s why I agreed with Linda when she said she was weird in that respect. As I said, my wife would have made instant worms’ meat out of me if I had ever suggested such a deal.
C
Cindy
May 25, 2004
You betcha!
C
Cindy
May 25, 2004
Out of curiosity Ramone, what would your reaction be if your wife made that kind of deal? Make it 50 since you said you could lose 25 in a week.
R
Ram
May 25, 2004

[Deleted]

Good idea, Cindy!
C
Cindy
May 25, 2004
Sorry to hear that Ramone. Things are being done. I’m sure you know more about that than I do. My best thoughts are with you.
R
Ram
May 25, 2004

[Deleted]

Good idea, Cindy!
R
Ram
May 25, 2004
Letย’s get this back on topic with comments on the speed of the G5 over the performance of Lindaย’s current DP G4. ๐Ÿ™‚
C
Cindy
May 25, 2004
Edited for the sake of getting back on topic ๐Ÿ™‚
R
Ram
May 25, 2004
Ditto. ๐Ÿ™‚

I deleted both posts myself. ๐Ÿ™‚
R
Ram
May 25, 2004
Note to other readers:

There was nothing improper, antagonistic or inappropriate in. On the contrary, Cindy was very sweet, but I thought it was better to return to the topic at hand.
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
May 25, 2004
Bruce, when you say the "fastest drives around", do you mean the 74Gb Western Digital Raptors (10K rpm)?

When you say that you stripe your disks, do you have a back-up of your RAID0 array, or at least a Mac equivalent of the "Ghost" program that is used in the dark side? Wouldn’t it be safer to just stripe the scratch disks?
L
LRK
May 25, 2004
Ramon,

You said…

My G4 is close to yours (a tad faster, 1.25MHz, Dual Processors 2GB RAM, but not by much) and the speed is just phenomenal. The big difference might very well be in the four internal drives (4×160). Counting the external FW drives I have a little over a Terabyte of disk space, so I left an 80GB partition on an otherwise empty internal disk for Photoshop scratch disk. If you do the same (large dedicated scratch disk drive) with a G5 I’d expect it’ll be so fast that you won’t even notice when Photoshop completes anything.

That would be worth a try… and hopefully will speed things up while I am waiting, but don’t think I’m backing out of this deal. ๐Ÿ˜‰

BTW, I made an appeal about my weight this morning… The last time I lost weight by working out, I got down to a size 6 but weighed a lot more than I did in the past at a size 8 or even 10. He knocked 5 lbs off so now I only have to lose 20 lbs to get the Mac. Whoo hoo!
L
LRK
May 25, 2004
Ramon, I do have a question. How large are the files you generally work with? Are they over 800 MB when opened?
R
Ram
May 25, 2004
Linda,

I do have a few files that are up to 700MB, but normally theyย’re in the 300 to 400 MB range, with layers.

You are indeed a very forgiving lady (re the weight challenge thing).
L
LRK
May 25, 2004
Ramon,

The file sizes you are using do seem to make a difference in speed. Prior to using Camera Raw I had a few jobs where the images would escallate above 800 MB but most were smaller so I didn’t complain about the speed. Now that I’m trying to create custom backgrounds with my larger photos I play the waiting game all day and it’s getting to be a read drag <no pun intended>.

You think I’m a forgiving lady? Thanks! I really never thought much about it. I guess I figure it’s all part of keeping a harmonious marriage.
L
LRK
May 25, 2004
Yes, I’m getting too many SBBs in PSCS these days… even on 100MB files. It’s so frustrating to have to wait for that dumb ball to quit spinning.
R
Ram
May 25, 2004
Linda,

SBBs on 100MB files shouldn’t be happening on your setup. There’s something else wrong.
C
Cindy
May 25, 2004
There’s something else wrong.

I think so too.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
May 25, 2004
Font-troubles raising their head again perhaps?

Have you done the adobefnt.lst trashing routine recently? That problem hasn’t gone away entirely — even with CS and Panther.

And do you run Cocktail and do the Prebinding as well as the rest of the maintenance tasks?
CC
Chris_Cox
May 25, 2004
LRK – what version of OS X?
L
LRK
May 25, 2004
Chris: I’m running 10.3.3

Ann: I do regular maintenance of Cache Out X daily, MacJanitor EOD, and Permissions about twice a week.

Ramon and Cindy: I think it’s an oversight on my part. It just dawned on me that it probably happens when I’ve got other memory intensive apps open along with my big files. I forget that what used to be a lot of memory isn’t any more. I have 1.75 GB of memory but when I open a large file in PSCS while Illustrator, GoLive, and Acrobat Pro are running I may be pushing things.

I’ll keep an eye on how PSCS performs with other apps closed. It seems my current project has quit the SBB since closing other apps.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
May 25, 2004
I haven’t looked at MacJanitor recently, but i don’t think that even running all three of those utilities does everything that Cocktail does — especially the re-Prebinding.

And do check-up on those Fnt.lst files.

Writing this reminded me to check my HD for them and I found 45 instances!

The problem one is usually one of the AdobeFnt007.lst ones which will be much larger then the rest. Trash all of them except for AdobeFnt.db.
L
LRK
May 25, 2004
I’m so hungry I forgot to address the Fnt.1st files. I’ll be sure to do that Ann. I’ll let you know if it helps. Thanks!!!
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
May 25, 2004
Belt-tightening time — while dreams of G5s swirl through your head?
L
LRK
May 25, 2004
I’m SOOOO hungry!!! Getting ready to eat celery and a couple of strawberries. Maybe a hardboiled egg? Maybe not!
C
Cindy
May 25, 2004
You are gunna make yourself sick if you do it too fast!
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
May 25, 2004
I have just sent her an email to that effect.

No nibbling between meals – but properly balanced sensible high-protein meals in moderate quantities at regular intervals.

No prizes — including G5s — for Anorexics!
L
LRK
May 25, 2004
That was my dinner folks. No nibbling indeed. ๐Ÿ™‚
C
Cindy
May 25, 2004
What was your dinner? A celery stick? I wanna talk to your husband. I have a few things to say.
R
Ram
May 26, 2004
Cindy,

I sympathize with you. I’m still shaking my head in disbelief. I’m all for a harmonious marriage and all that, but a brain in harmony with itself and with reality is a prerequisite. I think.
C
Cindy
May 26, 2004
Just a little frustrated Ramone.
L
LRK
May 26, 2004
Hey friends, it’s A-OKAY! ๐Ÿ™‚ Really!!! I needed this kind of motivation. I just returned from a nice walk with my camera. Don’t feel hungry anymore.
L
Larryr544
May 26, 2004
Carrots are better.
L
LRK
May 26, 2004
Carrots are great in moderation. High in carbs.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
May 26, 2004
It’s ALL a question of moderation — and balance.
R
Ram
May 26, 2004
Not if you’re a diabetic, Linda. Strictly off limits.
L
LRK
May 26, 2004
Right… I meant to say, great in moderation but too high in carbs.
R
Ram
May 26, 2004
I’m not allowed even to smell carrots (or any other root or bulb).
L
LRK
May 26, 2004
Yea, that would be bad for diabetes Ramon. Sorry to hear you have problems that way.
R
Ram
May 26, 2004
Only since last July, Linda.
L
LRK
May 26, 2004
Sounds like you’ve had your share of troubles the last year Ramon. Hope things improve for you.
R
Ram
May 26, 2004
You don’t even know the half of it, Linda. But that’s better left for private correspondence.
JV
John_Vitollo
May 26, 2004
Linda’s carrot is a new G5.
R
Ram
May 27, 2004
Linda,

Check out this paragraph (excerpted from the link below):

b) Repairing the hard disk -This function cleans up the directory of your hard drive, making your computer run faster overall. To perform this task, find your Mac OS X Install CD #1, or your Software Restore CD #1, or the Software Restore DVD depending on your computer. Put that into your computer, and restart while holding the C key down. This will cause your computer to boot off the CD. Once it is booted, you will see the Mac OS X Installation window. Disregard that completely, and click the File menu. Select Disk Utility from the File menu. Then select your hard drive on the left, and click the First Aid tab as done in section A. Click Repair Disk. This will generally take around ten minutes to complete. It is recommended that you perform this twice. You may also Repair Permissions here as well. It is a good idea to perform these two at the same time, while booted from the CD, to make things easier.

<http://discussions.info.apple.com/WebX?14@@.68921c2d>
L
Larryr544
May 27, 2004
So did this work for you?
L
LRK
May 27, 2004
Wow, that’s interesting Ramon. I am working on a job right now but I’ll try to do this tonight or tomorrow. I just updated the OS today but I’m working more in Illustrator than Photoshop so I can’t tell if things have improved since Illustrator runs pretty well for me anyway.

Thanks very much!
R
Ram
May 27, 2004
Larry,

If you’re asking me, my Mac has been running extremely fast since day one. I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference. ๐Ÿ™‚
L
Larryr544
May 28, 2004
I got it mixed up as to who wrote what.
ST
Scott T Martin
May 28, 2004
Hilarious you guys.

So LRK, how about your history states, do you keep them really low? I like to keep mine at 5 for normal work and crank it down to 1 when dealing with really huge files. You can even go into the History Palette Options and turn off "automatically create first snapshot" to save some RAM. On huge files these things make a difference…. Maxing out your RAM will make the biggest difference on huge files like that. Perhaps 4 gigs wouldn’t hurt. 512mb chips are a good bit cheaper than 1gig chips per dollar.
L
LRK
May 28, 2004
Scott,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I hadn’t thought about the history states. I use them constantly but I guess on the larger files I could try reducing them.

I was hoping Layer Comps would work better but so far I’ve not been able to rely on them. I hope Adobe continues to improve and enhance the Layer Comp feature as I think it’s a great idea.

I would buy more ram but it looks like a new G5 is possibly coming my way this summer. I’m not sure if my G4 will take 4 GB of ram.
L
LRK
May 28, 2004
Ramon, Last night before I shut down I followed your instructions in Post #74. I’ll let you know how things go.

[edited]
L
LRK
May 28, 2004
As for Safari, I’ve decided to go back to IE for a few days and see if some of the garbage goes away. Safari started with SBBs this morning again. Every time I try to quit the program I have to wait way too long. I like the interface of Safari better but may have to give it up.
L
LRK
May 28, 2004
Hm… I sure like the way text tooks on Safari better than IE. Easier to read. I tried chaning my settings with IE but I think the method of anti-aliasing must be different. Safari is much smoother.
L
Larryr544
May 28, 2004
Linda – did it solve any of your speed issues?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
May 28, 2004
I suspect that your problems with Safari are due to clogged caches and I wonder if Cache Out is really doing a thorough enough job.

I do suggest that you get Cocktail and see if that does a better one. And check your Cookies: there may be a lot stored that you don’t want to keep.

Also, the 10.3.4 update installs a new version of Safari which you might find better.
R
Ram
May 28, 2004
Linda,

Explorer > Preferences > Language/Fonts > Fonts and Size > Resolution

Make sure the resolution there matches your monitor, or at least something reasonable like 72 ppi.

For some reason, IE can default to an absurd number there that even includes two or more decimal places (say 102.86). That’s what I experienced right after switching from safari to IE, and text was awful. Not only that, but the setting in IE seemed to affect other applications if Explorer was running in the background.

It definitely happened precisely when I switched from Safari to Explorer.
R
Ram
May 28, 2004
Resetting the Resolution in Explorer fixed everything.
L
LRK
May 28, 2004
Larry,

So far so good. I just launched Photoshop CS and began viewing and working with some RAW files through the File Browser. I do notice an increase in speed. So far it’s snappy with very little wait.

Overall, everything seems faster… but then I’ve also run some utilities so not sure which is which as far as helping the speed.

Ann,

I updated my system yesterday but not sure if I’m using the latest version of Safari since it’s creation date is older. Is your version of Safari 1.2.2 (v125.7)?

I manually emptied the cache on Safari as well as running Cache Out X. It seems like there’s always something going on in the background when I run Safari. It feels like it’s doing something extra a lot of the time.

I guess it won’t hurt to download Cocktail at some point.
R
Ram
May 28, 2004
On the subject of History states, that would help only if you are running short of disk space for the scratch. I have it set to 30 (thirty) and experience no speed issues whatsoever. I had started out with 20, increased it to 30 and saw no difference.
L
LRK
May 28, 2004
Thanks Ramon. I do depend on History a lot when I compare versions. I also like using Snapshots. I have 1.75 GB of memory but with the file sizes I’m using now, that doesn’t seem as high as it once did.

Again, I hope Adobe continues to support and improve the Comping Feature. That is potentially most valuable.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
May 28, 2004
<< It seems like there’s always something going on in the background when I run Safari. It feels like it’s doing something extra a lot of the time. >>

Poisoned Cookies?

Did you install the latest Security Update from Apple?
it is not part of 10.3.4 and needs to be installed separately.

[Yes, I have Safari 1.2.2 (v125.7) too.]
R
Ram
May 28, 2004
Yes, Linda, I also take snapshots often. I have 2GB of RAM (maxed out), so I don’t have that much more than you have. What I do have is four internal and two external drives with oodles of available space. The Photoshop scratch disk is on a dedicated 50GB partition of an otherwise totally empty 160GB drive.
L
LRK
May 28, 2004
I installed this update: Security Update 2004-04-05

Poisoned Cookes? Could be although I trashed them and still Safari gives me the spinaround.
R
Ram
May 28, 2004
There’s hope on the horizon of the web browser universe: Firefox (formerly Mozilla Firebird). Any other browser, including Safari, is a slug by comparison. It’s still in beta (0.8 ).
R
Ram
May 28, 2004
Linda,

Did you check the resolution in Explorer yet?
L
LRK
May 28, 2004
Ramon,

I have three internal 80GB drives and two external drives, which are not used unless I need them. I might end up reformatting my older OSX drive that I used before Panther. I will say my drives are filling up and I need to back up a large number of larger files.

One external drive is kept off unless I need it. It’s the old Maxtor that I keep for older backups that I don’t have time to burn to CD. The other is my prized LaCie Pocket Drive, which I’ve had for years and use it for transferring information from one computer to another. I take it with me to one client’s office… who also uses Mac. I just plug it in with my short cord and the Mac powers it up. I also keep the OS on it which has come in handy when I helped a friend get her powerbook back up and running. It’s a little gem.
L
LRK
May 28, 2004
Ramon: Keep us posted on Firefox. The resolution in Explorer is the default 96 dpi.
R
Ram
May 28, 2004
Try changing it to 72 and see what happens.
L
LRK
May 28, 2004
No different Ramon.

I’ve quit IE now. It too started with the SBB and it also just crashed. I’m back to Safari again. ๐Ÿ™‚
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
May 28, 2004
Stir-fried HDs methinks.
Add a Cocktail — with a dash of DiskWarriorย…ย…
L
LRK
May 30, 2004
Linda’s carrot is a new G5.

16 to go.
C
Cindy
May 30, 2004
You are going to make yourself sick losing weight that fast!
L
Larryr544
May 30, 2004
You have until the end of June!!!!
C
Cindy
May 30, 2004

[Nevermind]
R
Ram
May 30, 2004
How did you do that, Cindy?
C
Cindy
May 30, 2004
How did I do what? I said something and changed my mind so I edited it by saying nevermind. ๐Ÿ™‚
R
Ram
May 30, 2004
Cindy, I meant that you managed to edit your post before the original version showed up.
C
Cindy
May 30, 2004
LOL. I did it almost immediately. You just *think* you are quick ๐Ÿ™‚
R
Ram
May 30, 2004
๐Ÿ˜€
L
LRK
May 30, 2004
Don’t worry Cindy… it’s bouncing around a little. I ate too many grapes last night and it was up 1.5 this morning. Hopefully tomorrow morning I will be down 2. ๐Ÿ™‚
C
Cindy
May 30, 2004
You gained weight on grapes???? Those are just about all water.
JV
John_Vitollo
May 30, 2004
Linda,

Don’t live and die by the scale! Weigh yourself once a week at the most. Don’t let the scale dictate what you are worth!
C
Cindy
May 30, 2004
Don’t let the scale dictate what you are worth!

That about sums it up.
L
LRK
May 30, 2004
Any news on the new Macs? ๐Ÿ˜‰
L
Larryr544
May 30, 2004
There is a sale on the 1.6GHZ machines that ends two days before the WWDC.
L
LRK
May 30, 2004
Thanks Larry. I think I should hold out for the newer models. Besides, I have some time before I reach the agreed upon goal.
L
LRK
May 31, 2004
John and Cindy, I agree with your comments regarding Post #12. Thanks!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections