JG
Posted By
JR_Geoffrion
Jun 3, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just installed the CS2 upgrade from CS and when I perform a batch from Bridge, the Source folder, Action selected, and Destination folder are not remembered and have to be "reset" at each batch. In addition, if an action is selected from the action tool bar, it is no automatically selected in the Batch tool.

Is this a known bug or there is a way to set this in the preferences? Is this also present in the Mac version?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Y
YrbkMgr
Jun 4, 2005
are not remembered and have to be "reset" at each batch

I haven’t installed CS2 yet, but if that’s true, that would really rot for me.
C
chrisjbirchall
Jun 4, 2005
The Bridge team have acknowledged this.

Read this thread in the Bridge forum:
chrisjbirchall, "Batch command from within Bridge" #5, 9 May 2005 11:05 pm </cgi-bin/webx?14/4>
which covers a couple of similar topics concerning Batch from Bridge.

Chris.
JG
JR_Geoffrion
Jun 4, 2005
Thanks Chris!

This, combined with scripts that won’t load in batches make CS2 almost unusable for photographers (not to mention Bridge that can not be selected from the "Batch Source" directly from PS).

JR
<http://www.jrgeoffrion.com>
Y
YrbkMgr
Jun 4, 2005
make CS2 almost unusable for photographers

You don’t think that’s just a bit of an exaggeration?
Y
YrbkMgr
Jun 4, 2005
Btw, Thanks Chris, for that link.
MM
Mick_Murphy
Jun 4, 2005
If you are scripting why use actions at all? Anything that is recordable in an action is (relatively easily) scriptable using the ScriptListener.
DR
Danny Raphael
Jun 4, 2005
Chris:

re:

The Bridge team have acknowledged this. Read this thread in the Bridge forum…

Do you know if this was fixed in Bridge 1.01?
JG
JR_Geoffrion
Jun 4, 2005
make CS2 almost unusable for photographers

You don’t think that’s just a bit of an exaggeration?

No. Since scripting does not seem to work when batching and actions and folders must be reset for each new batch, as a professional photographer, the CS2 version is FAR inferior to CS1 for me – until the bugs are fixed.
JG
JR_Geoffrion
Jun 4, 2005
Danny,

I am running Bridge v1.01 and the bug is still there.
Y
YrbkMgr
Jun 4, 2005
the CS2 version is FAR inferior to CS1 for me – until the bugs are fixed.

I hear what you’re saying, but "far inferior" is a long cry from "almost unusable". That would imply that without batching a photographer couldn’t use it, which, of course, is not true. Perhaps they would not be able to use the way you and I do, but certainly usable.

Just making the point.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections