HF
Posted By
Hays_Fisher
Nov 20, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is it possible to create text within an area the similar to the method in Photoshop, by clicking and dragging diagonally to create an area that the type will stay within?

Thanks

Hays

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JF
Jodi_Frye
Nov 20, 2003
Hays, I’m not so sure what you mean but when you use the text tool the text is put on it’s own layer. You can use the ‘move’ tool to put the text anywhere you want after you commit. The move tool creates a bounding box that can be transformed.
HF
Hays_Fisher
Nov 20, 2003
Say for instance you need to create a paragraph of text in a 2X2 inch area. How can this be accomplished? When I try the text continues in a straight line unless I use the Enter key and that is a very time consuming method, compared to PhotoShop.

Hays
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Nov 20, 2003
Hays, I believe the only way you can accomplish that in Elements is to hit the Enter/Return key where you want to break the text and send the next batch to the line below…
BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 20, 2003
Chuck is right. Elements has very poor text capabilities. It’s one of the sacrifices for buying software for $100 instead of $600. 🙂
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Nov 20, 2003
An alternative, albeit a clunky one, is to create a text box in a program like Word, then copy and paste it into Elements. However, it won’t be editable in that form.
HF
Hays_Fisher
Nov 20, 2003
I was afraid that.Thanks everyone who responded.

Hays

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections