MR
Posted By
Michael_Reyman
May 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Last February I returned from a month vacation in Florida with close to 1,000 digital images of birds, beaches, sunsets, and wildflowers — all captured in Camera Raw with a Canon 10D. I painstakingly ranked all the images (deleting some) over several weeks, adding descriptive metadata and keywords in addition to the rankings.

No matter what I do, however, I seem to lose the rankings once I shut down CS and the Mac, then start up again. I’ve tried exporting cache and that doesn’t seem to help. All the rest of the metadata added to the file stays intact. As an additional oddity, the problem may have started when I downloaded Camera Raw 2.2 from the Adobe site to get the raw image processing updates for the Canon Powershot Pro1, but I’m not entirely sure of that. It may have been coincidental that I noticed the problem at that time.

Anyone else had this problem and know an answer to it? I really wanted to use the rankings as a primary sort, and I can’t remember having this problem with Raw files under Photoshop 7.0 (at that time using a D60). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BF
Bruce_Fraser
May 23, 2004
Permissions issue? If Photoshop can’t write the rank to the main cache file (in Users/userprofile/Library/Application Support/Adobe/File Browser/Photoshop CS) then the exported cache won’t have the data either.

I can testify that I haven’t had any ranking problems with ACR 2.2, so I suspect the timing is coincidental.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections