Posted By
marccus
Jul 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hi all!

i’ve got the following problem: on large renderings photoshop does not apply effects such as kpt-gel (sizes up to 6000×6000/360dpi) properly. even the selections look weird. for example: i select a "hairy" image, and want to apply the effect. the result photoshop presents is a box around the selection (with the effect) – the selection remains empty.
is it a resolution problem?
the color curve in the histogram, is extremely low – can this be the reason? how can i add more color depth? increase the color infomation? can all this be done after the rendering process?
the images i would like to work with are fractal (vector)renderings (bitmap format)

hope someone can help marccus

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Bernie
Jul 29, 2003
Marccus,

Could you explain this problem in a bit more detail?

… I select a "hairy" image

What do you mean by a "hairy" image? And how did you make the selection?

…the result photoshop presents is a box around the selection (with the effect) – the selection remains empty.

Could you explain what you mean by "the selection remains empty"? Was it empty to start with?

— Burton —
M
marccus
Jul 29, 2003
well, let me give it another try: i’ve got a very detailed image, looking like hair (the one on the head!). i went into the channel, that gave me most contrast, and created a selection. then i tried to apply kpt-gel effects (that always works with smaller images (640×480) – the result is a box around the image (with the effect) and the selection empty. i experience a similar problem with the photoshop light-rendering effect: the effect simply does almost not apply to the selection (all i can see are very, very small relief bumps) – can this be due to lots of gaps in the histogram window. could this be corrected?

thanx

markus
M
marccus
Jul 29, 2003
hi!

should rather say, there are lots of gaps in the histogram window – can this be corrected? for example by superposing several layers (each with different contrast and color depth) – and the combining them?

does this make sense?

markus

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections