NS
Posted By
Nancy_S
Nov 18, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In hopes that no one will repeat what was my dumbest move so far (and cost me an hour of frustration)— make sure in the daylight you know which is the printable side of the Epson Heavy Weight Matte paper. It is nearly impossible for me to ascertain by artificial light. When I enlarged an image (which was great as a 5×7) and printed it out, there was little color, mostly greys. I found the answer in the last place I looked…paper was upside down. DOH!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BB
brent_bertram
Nov 18, 2003
Geez Nancy,
You’re just a beginner ! <G> I did that same thing years ago. I think I invented it, in fact !

🙂

Brent
NS
Nancy_S
Nov 18, 2003
Brent,

I am going to leave the paper in the box from now on so I know the orientation at night!
BB
brent_bertram
Nov 18, 2003
Nancy,
I use a paper slicer to pre-cut my Matte sheets into half sheets and quarter sheets . It’s even harder to tell when the paper is small sized in my basement room <G> .

🙂

Brent
LK
Leen_Koper
Nov 19, 2003
In "the old days in the darkroom" I often checked, especially when printing on color paper, which was the printable size by touching it with my lips. The sticky side was the emulsion side. I don’t know if this will apply to digital printing papers as well. I cannot check it as my printer is in the studio and my internet connection is at home.
Might be worth a try.

Leen
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Nov 19, 2003
Nancy, maybe you ought to put a little pencil mark on the ‘wrong’ side of every sheet while you have good light to use…
NS
Nancy_S
Nov 19, 2003
Leen,

That’s an idea, alas, of the papers I use, only my semi-glossy or glossy paper has that sticky feel… I had my "laughable blooper" with the flat matte paper.

Nancy
PL
Paul_L_UK
Nov 19, 2003
I hate to admit it, but my first try on heavyweight paper on my (then) brand new Epson Photo printer, turned out absolutely awfull.

I had been through all of correct setup of printer & paper, as per manufacturers instructions, used one sheet for small test images, they were excellent. Finally, bit the bullet and went for a full A4 print at max quality.

It came out like a paint spill. I couldn’t figure out why for a time.

Then it hit me …………. I had used the protective separator card. It wasn’t much thicker than the paper, and I had pulled it out by accident, and put it into the feeder tray.

Luckily, I have been studying hard, and I now know the difference between my R’s and my elbow. (you have to say it – best not to write it) LOL

Paul

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections