RK
Posted By
Robert_Knasin
Jun 2, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Suddenly photoshop cs started automatically rotating portrait oriented photos 90 degrees to the left upon opening the file. The photoshop file browser also does this. The photos are oriented 90 degrees off to the right as they come off the camera, so I use another program to batch rotate them before working on them in PS. Now PS is doing it by itself, which is putting them back out of correct orientation. I thought selecting ignore exif profile tag might solve this but it has made no difference.

If anyone has an answer for this I’d appreciate the help. Thank you.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CC
Chris_Cox
Jun 3, 2005
Sounds like your batch rotater isn’t correctly updating the EXIF flag saying that the images need to be rotated.

The easy fix for this is to stop using your batch rotater and let Photoshop do the rotation when opening the file.
RK
Robert_Knasin
Jun 4, 2005
That’s probably what I’ll have to do. However I probably have thousands of photos that I already rotated but have not photoshopped yet.

Photoshop is doing something now that it has not done in the 6 years that I’ve been using it or the months that I started using CS.

It appears that Photoshop is ignoring the setting to ignore EXIF information. That is probably the key.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections